Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Show us your corys!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Show us your corys!   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 am

First topic message reminder :

Corydoras habrosus

Here are a couple of Corydoras habrosus, or "habbies," snuggling under the plants. These corys are one of the pygmy types and grow to just over one inch, with the females being a little stouter overall.

What corys do you have?

AuthorMessage
scruiz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Show us your corys!   Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:18 pm

@Deb -- while on this topic
Here are two pics of the new 20 long that I had setup for my group of Panda Cory Cats (13).  They are all in there now. All the plants were moved from my other tanks.  No Crypt melt yet and it has been setup for over a month.

Aquariums: 90, 45, 125, 20 long, Fish Room Racks: 2 x 55 gal  and 2 x 15 gal  and a Fluval Spec V
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ziurcs.shutterfly.com
finzz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Show us your corys!   Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:59 pm

Very nice, Steve; they look happy & healthy.

I looked it up: the C. "baianinho" are now classified as a Scleromystax and are given the designation C112. As I remember, they were almost exactly a duplicate of the S. barbatus in appearance and behavior, but they only get about half as big.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Show us your corys!   Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:03 am

@scruiz, Steve I love your 20 long!  You put so much thought into the planning up front - I knew it would come out great! ThumbsUp 

@finzz thanks for the information!  Now I want some C112.  I wonder if they are ever up for sale or auction locally?  After I move I'll be setting up a six foot tank, mostly for small catfish, and a few of those Scleromystax would be just right. Very Happy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Show us your corys!   

Back to top Go down

Show us your corys!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Freshwater :: Catfish of the World :: South and Central American Catfish-