Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates   Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:34 am

So I have been busy over here getting rid of tanks and finally got Jaws upgraded. I have the 180 with dual over flows and a 75 gallon sump. The return pump is a Sicce 4.0. I also have a canister filter on the sump as well as an AC110. The fish is the tank so far are (Jaws) peacock bass, (Ryu) Talapia buttikoferi, (Rocky) Vieja synspylium, and a Green Terror/Gold saum (Nameless). More to come as it settles in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates   Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:34 pm

Looks good so far! ThumbsUp What is the substrate and are you going to add anything else for decor? This set-up must be very impressive in person. The 75 sump is a 4-foot tank so is the 180 a 6-foot tank?

mpowers
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates   Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Nice! And I can see he has grown very large! What is he suppose to top out at?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates   Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:39 pm

@Deb wrote:
Looks good so far! What is the substrate and are you going to add anything else for decor? This set-up must be very impressive in person. The 75 sump is a 4-foot tank so is the 180 a 6-foot tank?
Yes the tank is 6'x2'x2'. Substrate is a mix of all the black sand I had in the tanks I have sold. As for decorations I may put in some driftwood, but nothing more.
@mpowers jaws is over a foot I would guess 14 inches. Not knowing what he is for sure 3 feet would be max but in aquaria 18" is the norm.

Last edited by Flippercon on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mpowers
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates   Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Wow! Your gonna need bigger boat!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates   Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:53 pm

@mpowers wrote:
Wow! Your gonna need bigger boat!

Now that's funny!

Great tank and fish Flip.

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates   Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:45 pm

Its nice to see updated pics! I love Jaws!

View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates   Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:51 am

@mpowers LOL great visual.

@Liz wrote:
Its nice to see updated pics! I love Jaws!
I need to snap more pictures of my fish. Jaws being on top. I will try to get some updated pictures of the fish we are currently keeping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates   

Back to top Go down

Upgrade for Jaws (180) and tank mates

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Tank Setups and Layout-