Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

New Aquascaped 90

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: New Aquascaped 90   Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:32 pm

Check out the awesome aquascape job Liz did on my 90. I wish I could take credit for it but she did an amazing job. I pretty much stayed out of the process, and handed her things as she placed, replaced, and constructed. The pics don't do it justice. Had a couple people over tonight to purchase a couple used filters from me and they fell in love right away when they walked in the door. They both started taking pictures for their own ideas.

My wife Marty was very pleased with Liz's handy work and she's even more so now that two perfect strangers came in and were so excited to see the tank and how great it looks.
Thanks Liz ThumbsUp When wifey is happy, I'm VERY happy.

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: New Aquascaped 90   Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Happy wife, happy life.. lol!

I'm glad you like it, and I think it turned out great. I know the place looked like a war zone when I was done, but sometimes you have to mess around, trying this and trying that, until you get things like you want them.

I also really like your Buddha (I didn't push this on him, folks!), which is the kind of statue that I was looking for when I found my wall hanging that I used in my tank. It is a great piece.

View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New Aquascaped 90   Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Hats off to Liz and her aquascaping skills! ThumbsUp It's awesome when a big project starts from scratch and turns out so well! The Buddha and the corresponding wood on the other side have great balance and "integrity" as Amano might say. A feeling of serenity pervades the whole scape. Kudos to Liz AND to Ron, for selecting a great designer! Cool

mpowers
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New Aquascaped 90   Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:53 pm

X2 to what Deb said! Nicely done and good to see a break from all rock (not that I don't like rock) in tanks with Africans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New Aquascaped 90   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:30 pm

WOW!

Something awfully intriguing about that buddha boy.... he certainly portrays a relaxed and comfortable environment - he fits the tank perfectly.

The positioning of him, the plant selections and the beautiful Africans seem to work in harmony.

I've said it before, Liz is an artist..... And Ron's the lucky recipient of her handiwork...

Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: New Aquascaped 90   Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:43 pm

Thankls all. As I said I can't take too much credit except for marrying a great gal who allowed me space in HER living room, and selecting the Budda. I can also take credit for staying out of Liz's way as much as possible while she litterally nearly dove in to mold and construct. I was there only to hand her something then got out of the way as best I could.
Thanks again Liz. Marty and I are very happy with your work.

Cichlidsickness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New Aquascaped 90   Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:50 am

I love the open space in the front for a swimming area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: New Aquascaped 90   Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks. We like the open space also. The fish while having things to swim in and out of do seem to be accented more by being more in the foreground. I added a couple more plants an relocated the filter intake so it would not show as much. I'll post some new pics later.

Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: New Aquascaped 90   Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:43 pm

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Aquascaped 90   

Back to top Go down

New Aquascaped 90

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Tank Setups and Layout-