Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Frank's Aquarium

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Frank's Aquarium   Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:33 am

Frank M. Greco

Frank's Aquarium

"I've been a fish nut for over 35 years. What can I say, I like fish keeping (and collecting). Frank's Aquarium reflects my love of odd/unusual fishes."
Lindenhurst, NY · www.franksaquarium.com

Selected Congo Species Now Available!

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Frank's Aquarium   Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Since joining the hobby, I have mostly gotten all of my fish from fish stores I can drive to or from hobby friends who ship.  Rarely do I buy online but about three years ago I bought from Frank's Aquarium for the first time.  

Frank is great to do business with and is easy to contact through email.  An order can be placed via email or the shopping cart online, but I have not used that feature.  If he doesn't have what you are looking for, ask.  Frank's Aquarium offers a variety of invertebrates and specializes in small and very small fish.  Check the website for current fish in stock and use the associated interactive forum to ask for anything you do not see listed. Or just send him an email. 

I recommend Frank highly.  As said, he replies ASAP to emails and keeps you updated.  The order ships out when he says it will (unless the weather prevents it) and it arrives packed beautifully.  That means the fish are NOT crowded into one bag, and the packing materials are clean and dry.  I've never seen better packing than his. 

The website itself is a bit hard to navigate and I don't like the drop-down menus.  That said, I go there frequently just to see what he has.  The only bad thing I can say is that sometimes he is out of stock on certain things.

Donald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Frank's Aquarium   Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:37 pm

I was planning on purchasing some C. habrosus from him last fall (AquaBid) but Hurricane/Superstorm Sandy set him back for awhile. Glad to see Frank up and running again. Sounds like a nice guy based on the few emails we traded.

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Frank's Aquarium   Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:02 pm

Today, at noon sharp I received my order from Frank's Aquarium.  As in the past, it was packed beautifully, clean and dry, with the fish distributed over four bags.  Everything I said above still goes - Frank replies to your emails, ships when he says he will, and delivers the product in fantastic condition.  

What did I order?  It was a tiny Boraras species, one of the smallest cyprinids known to man, and not anything I can get in the stores around here.  Similar fish go for an astronomical amount each in the LFS, and they never have enough of them anyway.  

I ordered 55 fish and now I know for the first time what a "school" of fish must look like in the wild!  It's fantastic!  

Frank is a great source for small, nano, and oddball fish, not to mention invertebrates.  Check his stocklist and send him an email if you don't see what you want.

cholt
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Frank's Aquarium   Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Love to see some pictures of your fish acclimation process as well as the fish you got.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Frank's Aquarium   Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:46 am

Please post some pictures... bounce

I visited Frank's web site. It looks like the place to be for Cory lovers... hee hee!

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frank's Aquarium   

Back to top Go down

Frank's Aquarium

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Area Fish Stores - Locations and Reviews :: Online Fish Stores-