Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tweetyfish
CVASMember

PostSubject: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:00 am

Want to say hello to everyone for the first time. HELLO!
Talked to Mark for the first time yesterday about converting my 180 gal salt water tank to Cichlids. He said I should join CVAS and get to know everyone here.(I think he was tired of all my questions so he sicked me on ya'll).
Anyway, I currently am running a 180 gal salt water tank with mostly fish and a few soft corals that I will be switching over to a Cichlid display as soon as I can find a good home for my current livestock. I had a 46 gal bow front about 7 years ago with a few Labs and Peacocks. Not sure what I will do with stocking this time. My wife and I will be coming by Mark's shop on Saturday to talk about some ideas. We live in the eastend near the airport.

Thanks
Tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:03 am

Welcome Tony. You should come by Sunday and check out the meet and the people. Have you decide which lake you are going to stock the tank from? I look forward to the transformation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:06 am

Welcome to the site. I live right across from the airport myself.

Mark knows his stuff on africans for sure so you are in good hands. Feel free to ask any questions you have on here and somebody will have an answer or try their best to find one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
tweetyfish
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:17 am

@Flippercon wrote:
Welcome Tony. You should come by Sunday and check out the meet and the people. Have you decide which lake you are going to stock the tank from? I look forward to the transformation.

Thanks for the welcome.
Not sure about stocking. I know there are a lot of options but my wife and I like the look of a display with a lot of color. I also like the idea of a community setup. I most likely will use my existing live rock for structure and some crushed coral. Hopefully it will help buffer my tap water a little.( KH 2-3, PH 7-7.5 from the tap).
Looks like we will have plenty of time to figure stocking and setup out befor everything is ready to go.

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 pm

Welcome to CVAS, Tony! Very Happy I hope this will be a good resource for you as you phase back to Africans.

Check out the meeting thread here:
http://cvas.forumotion.com/t1-cvas-meeting-feb-26th-2012

You will be more than welcome!

Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Welcome Tony,
Hope to meet you and your wife. Hope you can make our meeting on Sunday. We have some great members who share a wealth of information, and are here for you when you have questions. I too stock Africans (Mbunas). I'm going to start a second tank and may consider Haps and Peacoocks in it. Both have a lot of color and togh to chose sometimes.
List inour For Sale area what you have and want to get rid of. May have some takers. Our meeting has a swap meet and auction. You might also have some luck there.

WildWiley
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:50 pm

I can take your saltwater stuff off your hands if you want lol

koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi Tony, and welcome. you got questions.... and we have lots of answers..... so ask away!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tweetyfish
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I'm sure as I get closer to getting everything ready you guys and gals will be there to help.

Tony

JB
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:19 am

Welcome aboard,
I used to have a Mbuna tank but switched over to (Malawi) Haps and Peacocks. Both have nice colors but prefer the latter. Good luck on your switch over should be fun. If you have any questions or need any help let me know I also live in the East-End.

JB
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tweetyfish
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:23 am

parkmond131 wrote:
Welcome aboard,
I used to have a Mbuna tank but switched over to (Malawi) Haps and Peacocks. Both have nice colors but prefer the latter. Good luck on your switch over should be fun. If you have any questions or need any help let me know I also live in the East-End.

JB

Sounds good. Maybe we could get together and take a look at your setup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JB
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:27 am

Sure thing, sounds good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cichlid Lover
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:55 pm

Laughing Parkmond 131 is the kind of person your mother warned you about Tony. Be careful.LOL
Glad you made it to the sight!! Look foward to seeing you Sat.

steves_kiki

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:28 am

@Cichlid Lover wrote:
Laughing Parkmond 131 is the kind of person your mother warned you about Tony. Be careful.LOL

Jb is not that bad! He's my buddy! Smile

tweetyfish
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:30 am

@Cichlid Lover wrote:

Yea, but everyone from the eastend of town is the people your mother warned you about. LOL

JB
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:07 am

@tweetyfish wrote:
@Cichlid Lover wrote:

Yea, but everyone from the eastend of town is the people your mother warned you about. LOL

lol! Thats for sure!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JB
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:40 am

I have two comments one for Mark, thanx pal ya make me sound like Jack the Ripper. LOL the second is for Kin, what is this (jb is not THAT BAD) LOL Got to love yer buddies!!! I can't wait for Ben to weigh in on this one. LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:50 pm

No comment JB.
Back to top Go down
JB
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:06 pm

@Ben wrote:
No comment JB.

Chicken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:11 pm

parkmond131 wrote:
@Ben wrote:
No comment JB.

Chicken
affraid
lol! joker lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:18 pm

parkmond131 wrote:
@Ben wrote:
No comment JB.

Chicken

I am from the east end you better watch out. I know where you live btw. :twisted:
Back to top Go down
tweetyfish
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:28 pm

LOL

JB
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:39 pm

@Ben wrote:
parkmond131 wrote:
@Ben wrote:
No comment JB.

Chicken

I am from the east end you better watch out. I know where you live btw. :twisted:

Bring it on big boy my fish are bigger than yours Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tweetyfish
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:31 pm

Parkmond and Ben,
I went to Cichlid Solutions today for the first time and let me tell you, they looked SCARED when they realized someone from the EAST END just walked in! LOL

Just kidding, Mark was very helpful and I did meet a very nice person named Ron.

Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:47 pm

Tweety myself and Parkmond actually got there just after you left. We may have even passed you on the way in. I know we passed Ron. Ron is a very nice guy just don't expect that from me and parkmond. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)   

Back to top Go down

Going back to African Cichlids (tweetyfish Eastern Henrico)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Introduce Yourself-