Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

New section for Algae Topics?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ianjones
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New section for Algae Topics?   Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:25 pm

did you move my post? how dare you! Razz while you are rearranging, i might suggest an algae-specific topic. in other forums, its one of the more active topics, even though i just shake my head. ppl love to complain about their algae. and for the more sympathetic forum-goers, it gives them a consistent outlet to use their knowledge and experience to help others. in a normal tank, algae is a very mundane problem. you just squirt some aquatic weed-b-gone in there and watch the shrimp go belly up. with a planted tank, its a much more complex problem (if you choose to view it as a problem) since the solution is balancing nutrients and trace minerals, and the quick fix problems will also kill plants.

as repetitive and droning as algae problems may be, i could easily see them being the biggest entry barrier to planted aquaria, for those who are low on patience or those that view algae as a problem/blight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New section for Algae Topics?   Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:53 pm

We shall present this to the board members Ian. Thanks for the suggestion Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
ianjones
CVASMember

PostSubject: New section for Algae Topics?   Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:43 pm

anytime Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New section for Algae Topics?   

Back to top Go down

New section for Algae Topics?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Suggestions and Questions-