Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Greetings from near Bon Air...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Greetings from near Bon Air...   Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Greetings Everyone!Hello 
I happen to visit a pet store today and one of the employees was extremely knowledgeable about aquaria. It was a pleasure to talk with him. He directed me to this forum and group. He is a member here.

I have been an aquatic hobbyist for more than fifty years. I started with guppies when I was about ten years old and enjoy the hobby more now than back then. I am a founding member of the Angelfish Society and served on its BOD for several terms. I also have participated on several species related online forums for years. My first love is breeding Angelfish. Presently I also breed guppies and have bred Bristlenose Plecos (I have a few now).

I only have five tanks. I have a 55 gallon Planted Angelfish Show Tank in my den. The other four are in my study. I have 2 ten gallon tanks. One is a planted tank I use to house my guppies. The other 10 gallon tank is bare bottomed and I presently use it for hatching and raising Angelfish fry. I have a bare bottom 30 gallon tank that I’m using to house potential breeders and broken pairs. It is over stocked and I need to make space because I want to use it as a Growout tank. Hopefully someone here can help me find homes for them. Lastly I have a 20 gallon bare bottom tank that currently houses plecos and a few guppies.

I am so happy to find fellow Virginia hobbyist here. I hope to make new friends and meet new acquaintances.  Hello

JohnnyAMH
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from near Bon Air...   Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Johnny -

WELCOME to Central Virginia Aquarium Society, really glad you found us!

As I read your post, this part really stuck out to me: "I enjoy the hobby more now than back then" - that is so wonderful and although I haven't been keeping fish anywhere near as long as you I feel the same way! It's something I can really relate with - your passion.....

I look forward to reading your future posts and hope to see images of your fish and aquariums.

There are some great keepers on this local site with a wide variety of interests and experience levels....

I also want to invite you to attend our next gathering this Sunday at Green Top starting at 2:00.

JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from near Bon Air...   Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:56 pm

@thegundog wrote:
Johnny -

WELCOME to Central Virginia Aquarium Society, really glad you found us!

I also want to invite you to attend our next gathering this Sunday at Green Top starting at 2:00.
Thanks for the welcome and invite to the meeting. Unfortunately, I have to play this weekend and won't be able to make it.Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from near Bon Air...   Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:09 am

Hi, Johnny, welcome to CVAS. Very Happy  We're glad to have you here and a shout goes out to the guy who directed you to us.  

Now that you are here I hope you will visit often.  Feel free to post about any aspect of the hobby that interests you.  I for one would be interested to hear what you have to say.  

One of my biggest disappointments, as far as keeping aquariums, is that I've never tried angelfish.  Either I've never had a big enough tank, or the tank has been full of little fish I figured would get eaten.  If you think I could keep one or two (not a pair) in a 75 gallon full of small catfish and cardinal tetras, I'd be interested in hearing about it.  

Johnny wrote:
Thanks for the welcome and invite to the meeting. Unfortunately, I have to play this weekend and won't be able to make it. Sad 
Just curious - play what?

Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from near Bon Air...   Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:46 pm

Welcome JohnnyAMH. Really looking forward to hearing about your experiences, success and such with aquaria. Very happy you found us. I have recently re-introduced myself to Angels and knock on wood having pretty good luck so far. In the past I could not keep them alive for some reason or another. I'm going to rehome some Mbunas soon in my 75 and start an Angel tank so I would be interested in learning more from you.
Ron

JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from near Bon Air...   Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:27 am

Thanks Guys for the warm welcome… Yeah, I’m an enthusiast when it comes to Angelfish but I have been breeding Guppies a lot longer. That doesn’t make me an expert but I am more than willing to share my experiences. I am a hobbyist. I have turned five tanks and 125 gallons of water into an exciting hobby…
Oh, what do I play? I try to play guitar for a Quartet Gospel group.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DLW
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from near Bon Air...   Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:20 am

Welcome JohhnyAMH,
Could you provide more inforamtion about your angels that need to be re-homed? I currantly have over 500g dedicated to angels. I have Black lace, Gold, Platunum, Blues, and Koi breeding pairs. I might have an interest in some of yours.

Thanks

DLW
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from near Bon Air...   

Back to top Go down

Greetings from near Bon Air...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Introduce Yourself-