Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Hospital Tank Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Hospital Tank Question   Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:18 pm

My 20gal originally set out to be a hospital only tank. It killed me though not decorating so I added some sand, rocks and a few plants. Then it killed me to see all that and not have some fish.....well I'm sure you all know the story.
Anyway, I've sold off all my African Mbunas in my 75, replaced gravel with sand, added some live plants thanks to DL and some great little Tetras, Otto's, Alb Cory's, Serpaes, and Neons again thank to DL. I'm going to take the Gold Prescilla's, Bolivian Rams, Denisons' Barbs, and Banjo Cats and place in there also in a few days after the aforementioned fish acclimate.
My question is what if anything do I need to do to keep the again established hospital tank ready for quarantined or sick/injured fish? I was planning on leaving most of the live plants in there for looks but do not know if the tank will stay cycled without fish in there.

thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hospital Tank Question   Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:21 pm

It won't stay cycled without an ammonia source, so you will need to add fish or ammonia.

I keep a few sponge filters running on my main tanks for hospital situations or quarantine tanks. If the need arises just move the sponge filter to the hospital tank/Qt.

Hospital Tank Question

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Care and Reproduction :: Hospital-