Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

90 rehab project

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: 90 rehab project   Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Thanks Krislewis3 for the great deal on the Universal Rocks Background. I made a nearly complete change to my 90 Peacock/Hap tank. Replaced gravel with sand and added a little more lace rock and driftwood to create a new work in progress. Not sure I like the plants but helping me hide the heater, and filter intake a bit. Overall the background IMO gives quite a dramatic look. I was not wanting to silicone the edges and back as I thought too much trouble if I had to remove. I found at Home Depot some Extreme Velcro Strips which "knock on wood" seem to be holding quite well. If eventually let's loose I'll try some magnets, but seem okay at the moment.

DL Lawrence
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: 90 rehab project   Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:07 am

Great looking tank, Ron- love the rock/driftwood thing going on- those are cool rocks, and that background looks great.

You've got me thinking about maybe setting the 55 back up with sand/rocks/mbuna (which was an idea some time ago) since I can't seem to get rid of it.  Rolling Eyes

Last edited by DL Lawrence on Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: 90 rehab project   Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks DL. Wish I had the space or I would buy in a heart beat your 55. Very nice tank and stand. Marty won't give me any more space....lol
By the way the fish I got from you are all doing great. I traded my Mbuna's to Rama and have begun making my 75 a planted tank and the Tetras and Cory's you gave me. Added some Priscillas Bolivian Rams, and Red Swords, and going to add some Angels but not sure which kind. I would love to add Pinoy Ghost Angels but can't find locally.
That 55 would make a beautiful Mbuna tank though. I don't think you would be unhappy converting if you decide to keep. There are some really beautiful ones to pick from. I sure enjoyed mine for a long time.
Hope your wife is better.

DL Lawrence
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: 90 rehab project   Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:59 am

Yeah, now that the crappy weather is here, my mind is slowly changing...more time for WC's and maintenance on the weekends. I'm thinking sand, rock, one of those backgrounds, and some plastic plants to hide the hardware- I think yours look good. No live plants, less work, methinks. Just a few mbuna with plenty of room to grow and roam. If I get aggression issues as they grow up, I can always rehome them, I guess. Hmmm.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 90 rehab project   

Back to top Go down

90 rehab project

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-