Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Koi or Gold Marble Angel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Koi or Gold Marble Angel   Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Not sure if this is a Koi or Gold Marble Angel. JohnnyAMH thinks a Koi and he may be right but anyway, he/she is really attractive in my 56 Planted. Getting a little better with the camera thanks to Ddavis' talk and follow up posts.

DLW
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Koi or Gold Marble Angel   Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:00 am

I would lean toward Koi but either could be correct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Koi or Gold Marble Angel   Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:11 am

I have no idea but I do like your photography, Ron! great

JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Koi or Gold Marble Angel   Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:01 pm

@Ron wrote:
Not sure if this is a Koi or Gold Marble Angel. JohnnyAMH thinks a Koi and he may be right but anyway, he/she is really attractive in my 56 Planted. Getting a little better with the camera thanks to Ddavis' talk and follow up posts.
Hey Ron,
It’s hard to guess by the picture. What would confirm my guess would be the presence of the iridescence seen in the patch of above the pectoral fins. If that iridescence completely covers the body of the fish it is very likely to be a Gold Marble. If the iridescence is in patches on the body it is most likely a Koi. Your eyes would be the best judge of that. Iridescence is hard to capture in pictures. I hope this helps you to determine whether it is a Koi or not. I love Gold Marbles and your Angelfish is a beauty… Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Koi or Gold Marble Angel   

Back to top Go down

Koi or Gold Marble Angel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-