Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Fish that like the sponge filter tube...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Fish that like the sponge filter tube...   Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:06 pm

I have some juvenile Ancistruss and tonight I found one INSIDE the sponge filter tube at the base, where the air exits up the tube.

Had to take the filter apart to get him out.

Awhile back I had some Otocinculus that did the same thing....

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Rascally little rascals Smile

Donald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fish that like the sponge filter tube...   Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:17 pm

Yep. Otos and corys here. I try to check the tubes every day because a couple have ended up dead. How they get past the out flowing bubbles is a mystery to me. Any thoughts on how to prevent the fish from doing that?

gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fish that like the sponge filter tube...   Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:03 pm

I've had Peacock gudgeons and loaches go into filter tubes if there werent enough pipes and caves for everybody. I guess you could put a strainer on it (pipe with lots of holes drilled, or rolled up screen).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fish that like the sponge filter tube...   

Back to top Go down

Fish that like the sponge filter tube...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Freshwater :: General Freshwater-