Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Hobby Publications

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Hobby Publications   Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:40 am

Do you subscribe to Aquarium Hobby Publications?

If so, which ones(?) and what are your favorite features that keep you renewing your subscriptions?

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Publications   Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:43 pm

Amazonas.  Ever since they began to publish this in English, I've been subscribed.
Hans-Georg Evers, the editor, is one reason I love this magazine.  His energy for the hobby, his scientific pursuits, and his sense of humor are felt all throughout each issue.  
The features I love the best are the at home tours of hobbyists' aquariums.  

In the past, I've subscribed to Aquarium Fish International (AFI), a magazine that changed its name several times and kept trying new ways to invent itself.  Most would call it a magazine of beginner articles, but I found it interesting and the saltwater articles were very good.  I read all of them, even though I don't do salt. Wink

gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Publications   Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:49 pm

Practical Fish Keeping (PFK) is a British magazine, in print and online.  They have a free subscription delivered by email that gives access to lots of articles (and of course even MORE if you buy a full paid subscription).  PFK covers happenings in public aquariums, fish conservation orgs, international wildlife trade, commercial aquaculture, new species descriptions, etc as well as typical hobbyist aquarium articles.

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/index.php
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RylandVT
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Publications   Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:50 pm

I subscribe to Amazonas (and a big thank you to my sister for my renewal this year!) and Tropical Fish Hobbyist (love the pictures in this one)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Publications   Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:56 pm

@RylandVT wrote:
I subscribe to Amazonas (and a big thank you to my sister for my renewal this year!) and Tropical Fish Hobbyist (love the pictures in this one)

Same here.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hobby Publications   

Back to top Go down

Hobby Publications

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Freshwater :: General Freshwater-