Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

New 56 Additions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: New 56 Additions   Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:53 pm

Added some great new Angels (Thanks to JohnnyAMH) to my 56.
Been in the tank a couple weeks now and all are doing fine. Moved the Blue Platinum's to the 75 and kept my only surviving Double Black Lace and Koi (or Gold Marble...still not sure which) with the Bleeding Hearts and Silver Hatchets. Everyone is getting along great..."knock on wood".
Got from Johnny, 2 Gold Marbles, 2Black Lace, 1 Marble, and mystery Angel. Hopefully Johnny you can shed some light what it is.
Here's some latest pics:

Not Sure what this guy is but he/she sure has great fins and interesting color. When light hits just right it has amazing blue fins

Another view

Gold Marble

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New 56 Additions   Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:47 pm

Looks Grand! (as Johnny himself might say. Wink... )  
You are quite the angelfish keeper, Ron.  Good luck with these new ones although you'll hardly need it from the looks of the good start you've got off to.  I love you  Love your amazing blue finned unknown angel.

I'm still hoping to get time to set up my 29 with a couple of Philippine Blue babies from Muse, if she has any left.

JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New 56 Additions   Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Outstanding tank Ron. Thanks for providing such a wonderful home for them. I can declare with a high degree of certainty that fish does not carry the Philippine Blue gene. The mystery is whether it is Ghost (S/+) or  a domestic wild type (+/+) whose stripes are hidden by over exposure to light. Either way it's an attractive fish. I have still have a female who had the same appearance. Since my water quality has drastically improved her stripes have become very pronounced and her breeding tube has descended. If that fish ever reaches breeding condition you should have a better opportunity to identity it.

It is so rewarding to see them doing so well. If I had found a LPS to buy them it would have felt like giving them a death sentence. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a couple of pairs out the group and an active tank. Thanks again!!!  ThumbsUp

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New 56 Additions   Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:11 pm

Ron I love your 56 - the Aquascaping looks great - that tank looks so clean.

I'm also impressed with your photography skills!

And since a number of the fish came from Johhny that makes it even sweeter!

Everyone's Happy - Happy - Happy!

Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: New 56 Additions   Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words. This tank has made multiple evolutions since I first began with it. Hopefully if the plants fill in I'm finished trying to change it....(hopefully). I have always loved Angels but for one reason or another just could not keep them long. Since we now have quite a few Angel Keepers in the club I've tried picking their brains, and learning what I can. A long way to go but it's been a great new experience this time.
Photography is still a work in progress. Thanks so much to DDavis who gave us all some great pointers. I've been experimenting with some of his tips and they certainly are helping. Have a ways to go to top his work but giving it a whirl.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New 56 Additions   

Back to top Go down

New 56 Additions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-