Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Its been a while but im back with pics :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cichlidsickness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:02 pm

Its been a while since I have posted but work has kept me very busy and the fact that my wife is now tattooing keeps her busy as well. I wanted to get back on the forums and say hi again and post some updated pics of my Discus. The last picture is my fish room built off of my family room. I am also looking for a group of corys to put in the 180 so if anyone knows somebody please let me know. Thanks everyone and a big thanks to John at KG Tropicals for the blue diamond and flachen discus.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:28 pm

Welcome back! I love those Discus pictures. Those are some good looking tanks too...  cheers 

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cichlidsickness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Thanks Johnny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:39 pm

Great discus pictures - especially #5.  I love the way you have the room set up.  Very Happy  Is that the manzanita tank still going strong?  I really liked that lay-out.  Do you think you'll make it to the March 16 meeting at KGTropicals?  
I hope you will!

Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:41 pm

It is indeed great to have you back and we are really looking forward to having you on the Forum again.
Your fish room and pics are really awesome.
Ron

Cichlidsickness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:54 pm

Yes Deb, the manzanita is still going g strong. In the photo with the eggs that is the manzanita the spawned on. The strip the bark with their mouths and then lay eggs on the wood. I haven't had a successful batch of fry yet but it's mostly because my PH stays at 8.2. There isn't much I can do about it with my well water unless I treat the entire house and it just isn't worth it to me. I like to just leave my tanks natural with no chemicals or PH adjustments of any kind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cichlidsickness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:56 pm

Unfortunately I'm working night shift on the 16th so I won't be able to make it. The water plant needs me lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:30 am

That is awesome that they spawned and I couldn't agree more about leaving things natural. We will miss you on the 16th but the water plant definitely needs you! *lol*

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:39 am

Thanks so much for posting the pics - really great shots of your fish!

Where is your wife tattooing, and does she do fish?  fish 

View user profile
Cichlidsickness
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:01 pm

She works out of Ugly Bishops Tattoo shop in Fredericksburg, Im sure she could do any idea you can come up with. She is an High school art teacher by day and tattoo artist by night. Here is a few sample pics. If I told you that shes only been doing it for a few months and is still an apprentice would you believe me? She has low prices because she is an apprentice but does great work. I wish I had all the picture of some of her really good stuff.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:16 pm

CICHLIDSICKNESS: Excellent to see you back on the forum! Your fish are still spectacular and your wife seems to be enjoying her "hobby" and appears to be good at it.. Only thing is she gets paid through her hobby and your hobby just costs you money!  Very Happy 

Welcome back!

Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:27 pm

I say you should get a Discus Tattoo!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:32 pm

Fward wrote:
I say you should get a Discus Tattoo!

Second!

View user profile
ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:07 pm

I am a huge fan of tattoo and tattoo artwork and you wife's fundamentals are very good for a novice tattoo artist. I love the pork shoulders, do you all get to have good barbeque after a practice session? haha!

And discus are also an incredible fish! Good job, and thanks for sharing!

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:41 pm

Glad i clicked on this thread. Discus and tattoos all in one place. Your discus look awesome I still need to tackle these fish one day. It seems your wife has picked up tattooing quite well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:30 pm

Wow! Amazing, all are amazing. Your tanks, your fish, and her tattoos. You have a talented household...

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:54 pm

Wow very nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its been a while but im back with pics :)   

Back to top Go down

Its been a while but im back with pics :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-