Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

New to CVAS!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
brambleforest
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: New to CVAS!   Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi all!

My name's Joel, nice to meet you all. I was recommended to join by a friend of mine, David (ddavis1979), I just got back from the CVAS meeting at King George Tropicals and decided to set up an account. I haven't been in the hobby seriously for very long (maybe a year and a half) but I already have Multiple Tank Syndrome:

55 Gallon Planted Community - Zebra Danios, Platies, Upside Down Catfish, Nerite Snails
20 Gallon Planted Community - Platies, Otocinclus, Bronze Corydoras
10 Gallon Platy Fry tank (these things are everywhere...)
10 Gallon Planted Specimen Tank - Kribensis
10 Gallon Specimen Tank - Crayfish (Procambarus sp.)

Looking forward to talking more with you folks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brambleforest.tumblr.com
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New to CVAS!   Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi, Joel!  We met today at the meeting.  I hope you enjoyed it and will remain with us and the hobby for a long time.  Very Happy  If you want to post about anything, just find the forum that fits best and post away.  If you have pix, all the better.  Hope to see you on here and at the next meeting, too!

Thanks go out to David for recommending Joel to us! clapping

thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New to CVAS!   Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Hey Joel -

Enjoyed speaking with you today at the KGTropicals meet/social.

Very nice variety of fish you are keeping, look forward to reading your posts and seeing some images of your set ups.

Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: New to CVAS!   Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:12 pm

Welcome Joel,
Hope you enjoyed the meeting today. Great to have you join us and hope you enjoy the forum. Sure understand the multiple tank syndrome and sounds like you've got it...lol Looking forward to hearing more about your tanks, fish and experiences as well as pics. Don't forget pics.
Ron

ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Re: New to CVAS!   Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:15 am

Hey Joel! Welcome to the boards. Sorry I couldn't make it today, I was working on a large oak tree in the yard, getting it sawed and logs split, and setting up Justin's goldfish tank, the 20 long that used to be in my office.

Thanks for joining up and I look forward to seeing the saga unfold for your multi tanks.

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick_B
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: New to CVAS!   Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:58 am

Welcome. I am also recent member also and wished I could have made the meeting yesterday (3/16). I had visited a couple of weeks prior and had something came up this Sunday. You will find the people here very accepting of the new members and also willing to offer help and great advice. I cannot say how appreciative I am of the forum moderators and their enthusiasm for our hobby. I'd say you are pretty lucky living there in KG with John just around the corner and DLW also in that area. It would be great to see some pictures of your tanks.

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory.  But, in practice there is.  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to CVAS!   

Back to top Go down

New to CVAS!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Introduce Yourself-