Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

What's the matter with this cardinal?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
OneAkela
CVASMember

PostSubject: What's the matter with this cardinal?   Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:44 am

" />

Poor fish has this white fuzzy stuff on it. Been there for a few days. Seems to be swimming about normally. I have a 13 gal planted tank. Have 7 cardinals, 6 habrosus and 3 otos with a bunch of snails and RCS.

I have been using pimafix, melafix and Paragard for 3-4 days now and I see no improvement.

My params stay steady due to the heavy planting: ammo-0.25, NO2-0, NO3-5-10, pH-6 to 6.4. Water changes are done once a week.

What is this white stuff and how do I get rid of it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: What's the matter with this cardinal?   Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:28 pm

Looks like a bacterial infection to me, and the fish looks emaciated.  If there is fungus, its usually a secondary invader, not the priomary problem.  I would focus more on giving him high-quality food (live mosquito larvae, fresh-hatched brine shrimp, chopped blackworms) and less on "medicine".  Without knowing what the infection is, drug treatment is a shot in the dark.  The fish's own immune system may take care of it with good nutrition. Heat may help too: 82 to 85F is fine for cardinals, and should boost his appetite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

What's the matter with this cardinal?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Care and Reproduction :: Hospital-