Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

second tank on bottom shelf of 2x4 stand?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joenels
CVASMember

PostSubject: second tank on bottom shelf of 2x4 stand?   Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:43 am

I have a standard 30 gallon(36x12x17) with a store bought 2x4 stand.the kind with an upper and lower frame that sits in notches in the legs and the legs are bolted to the frames.Was thinking of putting a 1x13 pine shelf on the bottom and putting a 20 long on there but dont want the whole thing to come crashing down.Think I should be good or dont risk it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: second tank on bottom shelf of 2x4 stand?   Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:36 am

That sounds like it should be fine. If you want to be really adventurous you just have the 20 long supported length-wise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joenels
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: second tank on bottom shelf of 2x4 stand?   Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:41 am

Thats an idea.was going to go to lowes to price some wide pine but several of 2x4's going from one side to the other should work as well I would think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: second tank on bottom shelf of 2x4 stand?   Thu May 01, 2014 11:36 am

I like the idea of adding a tank on the bottom. I think it adds stability by stopping the stand from being top heavy. I used  piece of 3/4 plywood to help distribute the weight of my 20 gallon tank because the tank was only supported by two rails...  Smile

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: second tank on bottom shelf of 2x4 stand?   

Back to top Go down

second tank on bottom shelf of 2x4 stand?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Tank Setups and Layout-