Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Fin & Feather (Lakeside)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Fin & Feather (Lakeside)    Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Fin & Feather

Address:
5208 Lakeside Avenue Richmond, VA 23228

Phone:
(804) 262-6681

http://www.fin-feather.com/

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fin-Feather-Pet-Center-Inc/171818072830781
------------------------------

These reviews and comments apply to the Lakeside location, only.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
John & Joni
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fin & Feather (Lakeside)    Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:24 pm

The fish selection is not bad! All freshwater. We picked up a very pretty Mbuna who is pale blue with dark blue vertical stripes and yellow fins. Very pretty metallic blue face. We also got a nice Livingstonii. He has neat red markings on his fins. Their prices are about the norm in the area. We almost got what we discovered to be a Hillstream Loach. Come to find out after late night research, they require a high current and o2 levels...so when we get more space...I would LOVE to set up a river tank! We always enjoy playing with the reptiles and small and furries. I don't agree with what they feed the pocket pets...but that's a whole different issue. We had a nice chat with the owner about using antlers as treats. Always love a privately owned petstore! We visited yesterday. Definitely not my first visit, not my last, but it was my first fish purchase. Beautiful fish, looking happy and healthy so far! Nice and feisty!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bigvince
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fin & Feather (Lakeside)    Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:25 pm

any more updaes on this store having to look for a new store since my favorite ciclhid solutions is closen

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoKBax29UJwqyzr6VNGVbBA?feature=
Nereus7
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fin & Feather (Lakeside)    Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:49 pm

It's a pretty good store, I've gotten a few fish out of there. Sometimes you can snag some nice plants too. You should check it out and since you're right there head up the street to Azalea aquariums too. It's pretty much a straight shot and only 4-5 minute drive. - N

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Fin & Feather (Lakeside)    Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:16 pm

I have found F&F to be hit or miss - wild variation on condition of tanks from week to week, depending on who they have working, I suppose. You cannot go wrong with Azalea, though, now that we've lost Cichlid Solutions.... Sad They do not have the selection that Mark had, but they do carry Africans.

View user profile
Nereus7
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fin & Feather (Lakeside)    Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:39 pm

^yep.. I don't want to name drop but I've gotten good deals when the b.st store went out of business, and good deals on fish that outgrew the original owner. Another person let me pick snails out of the live plant display at F&F...Check them out if you get the chance hit up Azalea...azalea is usually a little cheaper, with a little more variety.. Rate what you find.-N
Back to top Go down
View user profile
seaweeddeluxe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fin & Feather (Lakeside)    Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:21 am

This store used to be great! Years ago I caught the saltwater bug when they used to sell SW stuff. They also used to have a fair amount of cichlid stuff too but not so much last time I was in. Lots of driftwood and fish keeping supplies though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Fin & Feather (Lakeside)    Wed May 01, 2013 1:40 pm

This store has its good days and bad. The service is variable, too. I dropped in yesterday just to see what they had. All of the fish I was interested in - such as the turquoise rainbowfish, yo-yo loaches, Farlowella catfish, and the "Chinese Butterfly Loach" - were gone, although the tanks were still labeled. The assistant helping me said that they usually have these fish in stock and to check back on Wednesday, when they get their shipments in. He also said all ordering is done on Tuesday, so if you want something and tell them by Tuesday, they can usually get it.

Even though they were low on fish, they DID have some new trap door (Nerite) snails in. Genus Neritina and Clithon, to be exact. The small Clithon snails were being held separately in a submerged critter keeper and there were several color forms. Clithon snails are not seen much in the US hobby, but are known in Europe. I bought 2 Neritina turrita in a color form not usually seen, and a striped Clithon snail. If it does well, I'll go back for more.

I was impressed with the selection of these snails. This store also has a good selection of decent wood and plants, but it's best to check for plants on Wednesday after the shipments get in.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fin & Feather (Lakeside)    

Back to top Go down

Fin & Feather (Lakeside)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Area Fish Stores - Locations and Reviews :: Central Virginia Fish Stores-