Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:58 pm

PVAS is hosting the 2014 Catfish Convention in Herndon, VA.  

The speaker line-up is very impressive.

Birger Kamprath
Hans Evers
Julian Dignall
Ingo Seidel
Ian Fuller
Melanie Stiassny

The event features a fish show, with a Catfish category and an open category.

Friday night features 3 speakers and the "Spree on 3" where all rooms on the floor have hobbyists and vendors selling fish.

Saturday is packed full of speakers and concludes with a banquet.

Registration is now open:

http://catfishcon.com/register.php

More details:

http://catfishcon.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:22 pm

That is a very, very impressive speaker line-up.

verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:08 pm

3 more days for the early-bird pricing($45 for the speaker line-up):

http://catfishcon.com/register.php

In addition all early registrants will be entered in a drawing for $200 in prizes.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:35 pm

Who has registered for the Convention?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scruiz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:55 pm

I am hoping to attend one of the days. our office is in Reston so I may work there Friday and attend after that - or Sat or Sun. No solid plans right now. It sounds interesting and the Sunday auction would be fun.

Aquariums: 90, 45, 125, 20 long, Fish Room Racks: 2 x 55 gal  and 2 x 15 gal  and a Fluval Spec V
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ziurcs.shutterfly.com
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:47 pm

@scruiz wrote:

I am hoping to attend one of the days. our office is in Reston so I may work there Friday and attend after that - or Sat or Sun.  No solid plans right now.  It sounds interesting and the Sunday auction would be fun.

One of the things that is good about the Catfish Convention is that pretty much everyday stands on its own.  Even if you only do Friday, it is worth registering.  You can see 3 talks and check out the room sales.  

Saturday is the bulk of the speakers, but also enough time for socializing.  All the fish will be in the fish show that day and the vendors will be fully set-up. A lot of times you can even buy room sale fish - if they didn't sell out on Saturday.

Sunday is the All-Day Auction.  Tracey can tell you how good they are.  In the past they tended to look like a typical PVAS auction, but this year my intent is really to make it catfish focused(especially the beginning).  Even with a focus on catfish, there still will be enough other lots to find a number of interesting items if catfish aren't your interest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:46 pm

There are 3 trips being offered as add-ons to the convention:
A Baltimore Aquarium/House of Tropicals Trip
Virginia Wine/Limo Tour

trip details are here:
http://catfishcon.com/fieldtrips.php

Also the T-Shirt design has been released:

http://catfishcon.com/souvenirs.php
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neogeo20041
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Is anyone from the forum going for certain???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:34 am

A number of people have registered from the Richmond area, but I am not sure if any of them are regulars on this forum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scruiz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:42 am

I was looking forward to it but now I may have to be out of town that weekend for a business trip.  Maybe the trip will cancel -- Or I would probably fly into Dulles on Sunday so that is close and maybe I could attend the auction.

Aquariums: 90, 45, 125, 20 long, Fish Room Racks: 2 x 55 gal  and 2 x 15 gal  and a Fluval Spec V
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ziurcs.shutterfly.com
neogeo20041
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:02 pm

I might have to ask around because I really want to go Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:45 am

Here is the vendor room list:

Xtreme
Aqua-Pharm
Aquatic Life Farms
Imperial Tropicals
Nature's Replica - caves
SCC - South Central Cichlids
Seachem
Swiss Tropicals
Tangled Up in Cichlids
The Pleco Feeder
Villas City of Angels
Sera
Patterson's Farms
Cobalt Aquatics
GWAPA
Margarita Tours Raffle - $50 for chance at Amazon collecting trip
Catfish Convention Raffles - many donated goods being raffled off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:36 pm

Crud!, I was fully planning to go this year and about to make reservations to find I have to be somewhere else that weekend. Bummer, I have never gone to one of these and really looking forward to going. If anyone locally (Richmond Area) is attending there are some fish I'm looking for and would love to see if you could pick up if available. I would be happy to give you the money ahead of time to cover. Looking for Green Laser Cory's and or Gold Laser Cory's.
Thanks
Ron

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:43 am

We've been boosting the Convention on our facebook page.  
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Central-Virginia-Aquarium-Community/1481143262134674  

There's a synopsis of the 4 days and links to AACC information pages.  

The Convention will start in ONE WEEK exactly!  The first event is a field trip to the Baltimore Aquarium, for those who arrive on Thursday, October 16.  Every day is jam-packed with events: collection trips, world-famous speakers, vendor rooms, private sales, the banquet, and the all-day Auction on Sunday.

verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:25 pm

So who is coming to the Convention?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:34 am

I had fully intended attending but now unable. If anyone going from Richmond I sure would be grateful if they could keep an eye out for Green Laser Cory's. Wanting 5or 6. Also looking for Gold Laser sometimes called Orange Laser Cory's and wanting 5 or 6. I can send money to you ahead of time if you feel safer.

verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:46 am

@Ron wrote:
I had fully intended attending but now unable. If anyone going from Richmond I sure would be grateful if they could keep an eye out for Green Laser Cory's. Wanting 5or 6. Also looking for Gold Laser sometimes called Orange Laser Cory's and wanting 5 or 6. I can send money to you ahead of time if you feel safer.

Are Gold Lasers the same as CW010? If so contact me next week and I may be able to put you in touch with someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Yes, CW010 are Gold Laser. I do want some. I prefer CW009 which are the Green Laser Cory's but won't turn down an opportunity of getting CW010's.
Thanks, I will PM you next week to see if your source has them.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA   

Back to top Go down

All-Aquarium Catfish Convention 2014 - Oct 16-19 - Herndon, VA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-