Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:19 pm

TWO WEEKS until the Raleigh Fall Auction, Sunday Sep 14 and NC State Fairgrounds, James Martin Bldg (Trinity Rd entrance, just off Blue Ridge Rd).  Set-up begins at 9:00. Auction begins at 11:00.  Pre-Register your items for sale and view everyone else's for sale items at www. MyGroupAuctions.com.  Keep in mind that lots of items (especially livestock) don't get entered into the system until  the night before or morning of the auction.  The number of registered items typically doubles in the last 24 hrs before auction start time!  For more info see www.RaleighAquariumSociety.org

Last edited by gerald on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:14 pm

This event is now on the CVAC September Calendar and also posted on the CVAC Facebook page.

Click it!

Check it out and invite your RAS friends to "like" us!  Let me know if there are other RAS events that you'd like me to post on the CVAC page.

gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:46 pm

Sep 14 Raleigh Auction has 55 items listed so far, including: F. gardneri and Epiplatys killies, Blue rams, Bolivian rams, Firemouth, Live food cultures, Brine shrimp eggs, Shellies (similis), Pelv. taeniatus, Angels, Sajica, peacocks, mbuna, Haps, plants ... Lots more to come I'm sure ... hope to meet some Virginians there this Sunday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:08 am

Jason Selong from Boone has some interesting cichlids and cats available that he can deliver to the Raleigh auction this Sunday: http://www.carolinafishtalk.com/forum/freshwater-cichlid/131802-ras-fall-auction-delivery.html. I got some of his M. tarakiki (zebra slim) last year; nice fish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick_B
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:02 pm

Gerald, I am planning to come. Headed to NC now to spend the night in Roxboro. Hopefully, I will meet you tomorrow.

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory.  But, in practice there is.  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:09 pm

It looks like there are some good items listed. Over 350 items in MyGroupAuctions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick_B
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:36 pm

All I can say is WOW! Had a great time as this was my first ever event like this. By Sunday, there were over 500 items. I had the pleasure of meeting Gerald in person and he helped make me feel at home. All of the RAS people were great. Unbelievable deals on fish and plants. I ended up buying six Julidochromis Transcriptus based on Gerald's recommendation and enthusiasm for this Cichlid. This is my first Lake Tanganykia Cichlid.

I also learned two important lessons.
1. Carry some method of transporting fish. Just in case you buy. :-)
2. Carry plenty of cash. (Or not, if you need to limit yourself)

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory.  But, in practice there is.  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Nick B, that's great! I'm so glad you connected with the RAS and met Gerald. Very Happy

JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:40 pm

@Nick_B wrote:
All I can say is WOW!   Had a great time as this was my first ever event like this.  By Sunday, there were over 500 items.  I had the pleasure of meeting Gerald in person and he helped make me feel at home.  All of the RAS people were great.  Unbelievable deals on fish and plants.  I ended up buying six Julidochromis Transcriptus based on Gerald's recommendation and enthusiasm for this Cichlid.  This is my first Lake Tanganykia Cichlid.  

I also learned two important lessons.
1.  Carry some method of transporting fish. Just in case you buy. :-)
2.  Carry plenty of cash.  (Or not, if you need to limit yourself)

Hey, that's wonderful Nick. I have never been to an event like that. It's on my bucket list of things to do. I'm glad you had a great time! Cool

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Angelfish Show Tank
(Angelfish, Guppies, Neons and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Growout Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Growout Tank
10 gal. Planted Bristled Nose Plecos and Guppy Show Tank
(Guppies, Bristled Nose Plecos and kuhli Loaches)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Was great meeting you Nick! Hope the Julies do well for you. I got some used T5 lights and tubes, heaters for small tanks, black sand, corkscrew Vallisneria, M. sexlineata rainbowfish trio, Aequidens patricki, and Apisto. baenschi (last two are S.Amer cichlids) -- all at absurdly low prices (which kinda makes up for my items sold at absurdly low prices). Come on back Feb 13-15, 2015 and bring the rest of CVAS with you. Our Feb auctions are usually bigger, with more out-of-town folks who come for the speakers and other events.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:59 pm

@gerald wrote:
Was great meeting you Nick!  Hope the Julies do well for you.  I got some used T5 lights and tubes, heaters for small tanks, black sand, corkscrew Vallisneria, M. sexlineata rainbowfish trio, Aequidens patricki, and Apisto. baenschi (last two are S.Amer cichlids) -- all at absurdly low prices (which kinda makes up for my items sold at absurdly low prices). Come on back Feb 13-15, 2015 and bring the rest of CVAS with you.  Our Feb auctions are usually bigger, with more out-of-town folks who come for the speakers and other events.

Are you coming up for the Catfish Convention?

I have always wanted to make it down for the Raleigh workshop. I hope 2015 will be the year Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick_B
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:15 am

Thanks Gerald.  I am planning to attend the Feb. sessions and auction and hopefully nothing will interfere.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:39 pm

Wish I could come, but the next 2 months are looking really busy.

@verbal wrote:

Are you coming up for the Catfish Convention?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds   

Back to top Go down

Raleigh Fall Auction Sunday Sep 14, State Fairgrounds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-