Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:18 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:58 pm

All my tanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Nice African's!

JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:41 pm

Your tank looks amazing. The colors of your Cichlids are fantastic. I love that background too and the black substrate seems to make the fish colors pop. Thanks for posting. I love to see other hobbyist tanks. I have often wished that Angelfish were a colorful...Very Happy

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:18 am

Love these updates and so glad you returned to doing the narration! ThumbsUp The blue, bottle-nose fish in the second video is nice - what is it?

Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:37 am

Thanks! I believe the fish you are talking about is a Sulphur Head hap? There is a Blue Dolphin in there to. But the Hump on the Sulphur head is getting so big he is starting to take that look. I am struggling with aggression in this new set up. Nothing so bad as injuries, just territorial males forcing everyone else to one side. When I first put them in, a OB Dragonblood took over, and his chase range was the whole tank. So I had to remove him. Then a OB peacock decided my Fossochromis was a female, and started to force everyone to one side, and give attention to the Fosso, which he/she did like. But I bought him as a male, so hopefully he is. So I removed the OB. Then another male took over and his chase range was to far also. So I removed him. Then my favorite tank boss took over, and he has a short chase range, so it was good for awhile. But now my Electric Blue has taken over one section, along with my tank boss marking a spot for himself. And I put the male who who was dominating back in. He picked a spot in the corner only when the lights are off, to protect. Also my young smaller Venustus decided he hates/loves my Fossochromis, so I had to remove him as all he did was chase. All the fish I removed, I put them with my Juvenile peacocks and Mbuna's. In turn they are causing no problems. Almost like the Mbuna keep them in check. I did not want to move my Mbuna in the bigger tank, but I am tempted to try to see if they can keep the peace. I am not happy with the aqua scape either so I may remove the rocks, and play around with them soon. So not exactly all fun, but it is part of keeping Africans, and I need to figure out what works, and get them settled in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:30 pm

The fish I mean is in the second posted video, first tank and shows up best at :44, :51, and 1:04.  He's an overall silvery blue with a distinct "bottle-nose," so I don't think it is the Fossochromis.  But it could be because I don't really know.  

If your tank was the Copacabana, then your Fossochromis would be Lola. *lol*

Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:07 pm

I believe that is the SulfurHead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:46 pm

Check him out when I first got him.

He is at 2:30 seconds. All these fish have come a long way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:41 pm

This is a screen grab from your video.
Is the blue fish right in the middle there the sulphur head?

Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:48 am

Yes. That is him. Could be a Hybrid. Bought him out of PAWS little mixed tank. He has a nice orange blaze. Last night, with the motivation of my forum post, I took out all the rocks. I added all the fish back including the pesky males. As well as the few Mbuna. No decor right now. I already had to remove my DragonBlood OB as he just started chasing everyone right away. What was funny was my other OB who is in love with my Fossochromis is fending off the Venustus, and anyone else who comes near. We will see if he gets put in his place soon. Maybe the Venustus will learn to leave the Fosso alone. Going to play around with the Aquascape tonight. Almost like it plain with no rocks. Just pretty Fish. My Electric Blue completely calmed down for the most part. One day I hope to add a Universal Rock background, when I can justify spending the money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:33 am

Deb and Fward, That picture is awesome. The colors are striking. Please keep sharing...Cool

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:07 am

Added some Juveniles to my "growout" 180 gallon tank...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick_B
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Fri May 01, 2015 10:39 am

It seems like the aggression is minimal without the rocks. I may have to try that because the mbunas seem to think they are the only ones who are allowed near the rocks. The reason I'm keeping rocks now is for the Featherfin catfish I got from Ron. I've built cave type areas and they really like hiding out in them. Your fish are looking great.

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory.  But, in practice there is.  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Fri May 01, 2015 12:48 pm

Thanks Nick.My tank is bare besides fish. But it is peaceful for the most part besides the occasional expected chase. I am saving for a background, and will probably do a few small rocks in the 210 gallon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Sat May 02, 2015 8:22 pm

Thanks Fward for posting the wonderful videos. Those of us who don't have tanks like yours appreciate them... Cool

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:46 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:43 pm

Great video, tanks and outstanding fish! I watched it several times. It's better than a visit to the best of fish stores... Cool

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Thanks Johnny!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:55 pm

Can't beat an African set up for excitement and beauty, nice....

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:07 am

Always love your videos, Fward. I love you The smooth swimming motion of the fish and the slate-gray background combine for a very relaxing experience.  I like the way you've taken on the "bare" look, and the way the substrate blends seamlessly with the background.  This is the first tank in the video and ends at 2:20.  Love it!

Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:58 am

210 Gallon update
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:58 am

180 Gallon Update!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:59 am

Two 55 gallon and two ten gallon tanks update!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:40 am

I like seeing a few old geezers among the rowdy young boys and girls ... gives me hope.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.   

Back to top Go down

Fward's Fry grow-out and big tank update.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-