Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Rhollo's Fluval Spec V

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rhollo
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Rhollo's Fluval Spec V   Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi All,
Here is a picture of my latest Fluval Spec V setup. Would love to see Fluval come out with like a 20g Long version of the Spec. I am loosing my "Micro Grass" for some reason.

Here is a picture of the current residents represented by one fish (the only one in focus, still working on perfecting my tank photography). My newly acquired Scarlet Gem Badis (Dario dario), from Skoolz of Fish. There are five males (3 apha, 2 beta), will be moving the beta males soon. Still on the lookout for females.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Rhollo's Fluval Spec V   Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:26 pm

Outstanding Rhollo! cheers

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick_B
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Rhollo's Fluval Spec V   Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:33 pm

Nice tank, Rhollo. Are you and Marlboro Red acquaintances? I noticed you are both from Henrico.

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory.  But, in practice there is.  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Rhollo's Fluval Spec V   Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:18 am

@Rhollo wrote:
Hi All,
Here is a picture of my latest Fluval Spec V setup. Would love to see Fluval come out with like a 20g Long version of the Spec.

Not exactly the Spec, but Fluval does have a tank in that size range:

http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Fluval-Accent-Aquarium-25-Gallon/dp/B00FG1GKL6/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1411038571&sr=8-14&keywords=fluval+aquarium

The idea - semi-automatic water changes in a display tank - does intrigue me, but I am a little less tempted after reading the reviews.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Rhollo's Fluval Spec V   Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Rhollo, that is a good-looking set-up and the second pic of your Dario is really nice! Sorry to hear the micro grass isn't doing well. Maybe try separating the blades more from each other, so it's not planted as a clump? That might help. Good luck with everything.

The pic of the Dario is great!

Rhollo
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Rhollo's Fluval Spec V   Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:36 pm

@Nick_B wrote:
Nice tank, Rhollo.  Are you and Marlboro Red acquaintances?  I noticed you are both from Henrico.

No, I don't know Marlboro Red. I am just now getting back into aquariums and have not meet to many people yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhollo
CVASMember

PostSubject: Rhollo's Fluval Spec V   Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:44 pm

@verbal wrote:
@Rhollo wrote:
Hi All,
Here is a picture of my latest Fluval Spec V setup. Would love to see Fluval come out with like a 20g Long version of the Spec.

Not exactly the Spec, but Fluval does have a tank in that size range:

http://www.amazon.com/Hagen-Fluval-Accent-Aquarium-25-Gallon/dp/B00FG1GKL6/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1411038571&sr=8-14&keywords=fluval+aquarium

The idea - semi-automatic water changes in a display tank - does intrigue me, but I am a little less tempted after reading the reviews.

I have looked at that setup too, agree that the reviews are a red flag. Fluval has another 34g setup that is frameless with frosted glass at the top and bottom that is interesting. Have not found anywhere in the US that sells them though. I am a sucker for tanks without frames, have been eyeing some Mr. Aqua and JBJ tanks too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Rhollo's Fluval Spec V   Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:06 pm

I know I'm late to the party but I just wanted to comment that the setup is gorgeous, and it looks much bigger than the 5-gal size of the tank, all due to the way you have it 'scaped. Great job.

Also, I am a fan of this type of integrated, all in one system, similar to the Eclipse, or some of the European tank styles. I dislike the hoses and wires required in most tanks, and this makes a neat and tidy system - a huge plus for me!

I have looked at the 25-gal system with the water changing device, which is clever and may allow people to do more water changes than they'd normally do, but I personally prefer to get down into the tank and rummage around, as it were, to pick up debris and keep things in order inside the tank. For me, water changes are a bit more than literally swapping out old water for new. At any rate, I have a friend whose tank is woefully neglected because she hates fooling with the Python, and this system would be perfect for her.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhollo's Fluval Spec V   

Back to top Go down

Rhollo's Fluval Spec V

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Tank Setups and Layout-