Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

not drinking the water

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: not drinking the water   Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:50 pm

marlboro red wrote:
come home yesterday to 3 different pair of angel fish laying eggs.....the discus have paired and were laying eggs and it seems the male ram ( I got from Jo) has fallen in love with the female I got him and were doing funny bunisness in the piece of pvc pipe I have in there.  
I watched this till about 10 pm lastnight pass after pass all over the 90 gallon tank and I am pretty sure when lights comeon this morning none will be left since all but maybe the ram are on the young side plus atm not setting up any type of breeder tank or grow outtank.
I am nolonger drinking the water from the tap nor am I allowing my wife or kids to do so either looks like bottled water from here on out!

I don't blame you... good one!
Actually, it's a testament to your husbandry and tanks water quality. Still, it might be ok if they drank the tap water but please don't let them drink the tank water...Razz

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)

Last edited by JohnnyAMH on Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
marlboro red
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: not drinking the water   Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:37 am

I will go out on a limb and say my tank water is probally cleaner then the tap water...and like I figured they or someone ate the eggs young tank and young fish
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neogeo20041
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: not drinking the water   Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:26 pm

marlboro red wrote:
come home yesterday to 3 different pair of angel fish laying eggs.....the discus have paired and were laying eggs and it seems the male ram ( I got from Jo) has fallen in love with the female I got him and were doing funny bunisness in the piece of pvc pipe I have in there.  
I watched this till about 10 pm lastnight pass after pass all over the 90 gallon tank and I am pretty sure when lights comeon this morning none will be left since all but maybe the ram are on the young side plus atm not setting up any type of breeder tank or grow outtank.
I am nolonger drinking the water from the tap nor am I allowing my wife or kids to do so either looks like bottled water from here on out!

All it takes is one pair to start laying eggs and before you know it, they are all going freaky with their tubes down and all Razz. I usually do that when a pair isn't laying eggs and everything I'm trying isn't working. I believe its the hormones at work. I'm glad that your angelfish are doing well Smile. And what is wrong with your tap water?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: not drinking the water   Sat Oct 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Neogeo, I don't think there is anything at all wrong with Marlboro's tap water, but when the fish respond by laying eggs and having babies all over the place it could cause a fellow to be frightened by the water causing a fertility epidemic in his household.... Shocked

View user profile
neogeo20041
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: not drinking the water   Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:19 am

Liz wrote:
Neogeo, I don't think there is anything at all wrong with Marlboro's tap water, but when the fish respond by laying eggs and having babies all over the place it could cause a fellow to be frightened by the water causing a fertility epidemic in his household.... Shocked

Haha...I guess I can't read in between the lines Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: not drinking the water   Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:12 pm

neogeo20041 wrote:
Liz wrote:

Haha...I guess I can't read in between the lines Razz

Funny...too much!

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not drinking the water   

Back to top Go down

not drinking the water

View previous topic View next topic Back to top