Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Great site for diagnosing fish disorders

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Great site for diagnosing fish disorders   Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:39 pm

Just found this site today for diagnosing fish disorders and possible remedies so I thought I would share. Hope you never need but a good idea to keep in your favorites. They will even help diagnose free according to their site.
http://nationalfishpharm.com/

Nick_B
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Great site for diagnosing fish disorders   Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:12 am

You are right. I ordered some medications from them back when I lost several fish in a short time. I even called and talked with them.

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory.  But, in practice there is.  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Great site for diagnosing fish disorders   Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:43 pm

Ron wrote:
Just found this site today for diagnosing fish disorders and possible remedies so I thought I would share. Hope you never need but a good idea to keep in your favorites. They will even help diagnose free according to their site.
http://nationalfishpharm.com/

Thanks for posting this Ron. It's good to have a reference handy in times of need but I hope none of us has these problems. Good husbandry is worth a pound of cure...Neutral  
I'm always afraid...affraid

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nick_B
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Great site for diagnosing fish disorders   Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:53 am

Back when I lost these fish, I believed I was practicing responsible fish-keeping. After receiving my fish via online order from Cichlid Express/Daytonna Aquarium, I quarantined them a couple of weeks with no issues. I put them in the main tank and all were fine. I think they had an internal parasite because daily testing revealed with no water quality parameter issues. I did, however, notice several symptoms associated with internal parasites as describe from various forums. Since that time with the treatment of metronidazole (medicating my fish food) and hospital tanks for two expensive fish, I've had no losses attributable to sickness.

Since that time, any new fish are quarantined much longer. My latest additions, Red Top Hongi and Fenestratus, were kept separate for about two months. Probably excessive, but took much too risk now with the main tank.

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory.  But, in practice there is.  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Great site for diagnosing fish disorders   Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:46 pm

Introducing new fish into my household always makes me nervous, particularly fish from another region of the country. I have added new fish a couple a couple of times this year and I used quarantine tanks the first few weeks each time too. I don't keep meds in the house and don't have a planned defense other than trying to reduce stress as many ways as I can. I have been fortunate so far. I don't like taking chances either..Neutral

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great site for diagnosing fish disorders   

Back to top Go down

Great site for diagnosing fish disorders

View previous topic View next topic Back to top