Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Something to remember it by.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Something to remember it by.   Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:11 pm

This 29 gallon tank is planted with Java fern and Anacharis water weed.  Some of it can be seen floating.  Eventually all the stems were planted, but I gave away a lot of it, too. 

Here is the main tank resident, a handsome Black Moor Goldfish.  

Some Endler's livebearers keep him company.  Here they are fleeing the horror of the Dragon. *lol*

A first fry!  It didn't take long and now the tank is full of them.  

Telescope eyes don't hinder the Moor from finding food and he's a competitive eater.  For a while he was eating so many Endler's fry that regular food was ignored.  Don't know if that was good for him, but there was no way to stop it.  To compensate for too much protein and to add fiber, the tank was fed shelled peas and FD gammarus shrimps in rotation.  

This was a fun tank to watch but it was taken down today.

JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Something to remember it by.   Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:12 am

Nice tank! I'm sure you enjoyed it while it was running. Do you plan to replace it? Crying or Very sad

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Something to remember it by.   Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:03 pm

You may recognize this tank in a recent post of mine about the DIY internal filter YouTube video. As you will see, the java fern is already looking paler, but I hope I can do it justice. Deb has some serious mojo with her tanks, the lighting in the room, her water, etc., so I hope not to embarrass her with my efforts to keep it going.

I might have to sneak over to her house and snag that dragon ornament one day when she's looking the other way.... Wink

I think Deb, like many of us, is downsizing and simplifying her aquarium collection. This one now resides in my kitchen on a stand with Otis the puffer on the top, and the 29 on the bottom rack. It is a very nice arrangement!

THANK YOU, Deborah!! I love you

View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Something to remember it by.   Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:24 am

@Liz wrote:
You may recognize this tank in a recent post of mine about the DIY internal filter YouTube video. As you will see, the java fern is already looking paler, but I hope I can do it justice. Deb has some serious mojo with her tanks, the lighting in the room, her water, etc., so I hope not to embarrass her with my efforts to keep it going.

I might have to sneak over to her house and snag that dragon ornament one day when she's looking the other way.... Wink

I think Deb, like many of us, is downsizing and simplifying her aquarium collection. This one now resides in my kitchen on a stand with Otis the puffer on the top, and the 29 on the bottom rack. It is a very nice arrangement!

THANK YOU, Deborah!! I love you

I think it is very important to keep ones level of involvement in perspective. I have seen so many hobbyist become overwhelmed by the number and size of their tanks. Sometimes they end up giving the hobby completely. There is a certain amount of husbandry necessary to maintain a healthy tank and it takes time and energy. I have been tempted so many times to add more tanks but have been able to resist when I consider the consequences of doing so. It's good to see you guys were able to work something out...

That dragon ornament is nice...I agree!

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Something to remember it by.   Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:03 am

You are so right about keeping things in perspective, Johnny - it isn't a contest to see who can have the most tanks! I have also downsized my home tanks, and I decided to have only the two large tanks (150 and 125) and Otis. (I have tanks for sale if anyone's lookin'!)

However, I was keeping Otis on a bookcase and I decided his tank needed a proper (sturdier) aquarium stand. Underneath would fit Deb's 29, and it was right then that she told me she wanted to take it down, so here I am!

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something to remember it by.   

Back to top Go down

Something to remember it by.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-