Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

55 Mbuna Vid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: 55 Mbuna Vid   Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:07 pm

Been playing around with starting a You Tube Channel and trying to take some vids. This is the tank I acquired from DL Lawrence and my family and I have been really enjoying these guys.
I have :
Yellow Labs
Cobalt Blues
Kenyi's[
Red Zebras
Ice Zebras
Tank is set up with pool filter sand, Rena XP XL canister, 2 T-8 Strip lights, and a Universal Rocks background

Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: 55 Mbuna Vid   Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:32 pm

Excellent!! I wish I had separated my Mbuna from my Peacock/Hap tank. Although they tend to just mess with each other. They even help me catch a holding female as they do not let her hide in the rocks long. I subscribed to your channel! Tell me about your spray bar, and what K bulbs are you using?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: 55 Mbuna Vid   Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:25 pm

Thanks. The spay bar used to come with Rena XP's along with a nozzle which you could choose which one you wanted to use. Now they only come with a diffuser nozzzle. I bought this canister off craigslist but came with spraybar as seller did not have the nozzle. I actually like the nozzle better but just prefrence.
lights are T8 Aqueons FullSpectrums. They don't list the Kelvin but guessing 6500k.

Nick_B
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: 55 Mbuna Vid   Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:29 pm

Just finished watching the latest three videos and subscribed to your channel. Great job and good information during the mbuna tank one. What did you use to take the videos and how did you eliminate glare? I seem to fight that alot.

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory.  But, in practice there is.  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: 55 Mbuna Vid   Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:56 pm

Thanks Nick. These are my first attempts and trying to experiment to get better. Been kind of fun. I am using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ60 digital camera. Glare is also difficult for me. I try to shoot with camera angled slightly up or down my subject. Found this helps a little. I also try and eliminate light from windows, as well as from any other aquariums that are on in the room as they cause reflection issues.

DL Lawrence
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: 55 Mbuna Vid   Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:25 am

Great video, Ron! Very cool- hadn't logged in for a while, and had not yet seen this. Tank looks great!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: 55 Mbuna Vid   Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:23 am

Thanks DL. We've missed you on the Forum. Glad to see you back.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 55 Mbuna Vid   

Back to top Go down

55 Mbuna Vid

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-