Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

rehoming some more fish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
joenels
CVASMember

PostSubject: rehoming some more fish   Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:04 pm

Trying to make some room as everybody has been busy making babies.

gonemale and female dorsigera-$15 for the pair.they have not actually paired up yet but my other pair have so these guys need to go.I dont have pics of mine but google them they are quite pretty and fairly peaceful for cichlids.

gonemale and female bolivian ram-$10 for both.same exact story as the ones above...I have four and two have paired so getting rid of the spares.

juvenile emperor tetras $1 each.these range from half inch to an inch and so far 18 have popped up in my sajica tank despite the parents being removed a couple months back.these are catch as catch can as they are roaming free right now and not easy to catch in a heavily planted tank.

gonefemale cacatuoides-free to good home.her male passed away a while back and I never got her another.

gonesingle lamprologus brevis ruziba-free to good home.

goneI have a batch of neolamprologus pulcher(daffodil brichardi) coming this week and had to buy more than I wanted so will have up to eight to spare.These are 2-3 inches and I would like to get $3 per fish or $20 for all eight.

I am currently growing out 10 lamprologus mealegris/stappersi shell dwellers and have another batch that the parents are still caring for.Figured I would throw that out there in case anybody has been looking.I also have lamprologus brevis kitumba babies popping up and can grow those out if anyone is interested.I will try to be fair in my pricing but keep in mind these guys are fairly pricey and not easy to come by.

Last edited by joenels on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:12 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:39 pm

I will take the Bolivians - I've been looking for some, in fact. I would also like some of the emperors - perfect timing!

View user profile
joenels
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:21 pm

sounds good.I am usually fairly busy evenings after work but should be around most of the weekend.I am in Midlothian off of lucks lane about midway between courthouse and 288.Should be a fairly straight shot for you...I am 2 exits south of the midlothian exit on 288.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:30 pm

PM sent

View user profile
ciscosdad
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:41 am

I would love to add your female cacauoides to my group. If she is still available. I'm in Dear Run (near 288 and hull).

joenels
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:26 pm

Sounds good I will pm you this evening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joenels
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:23 pm

Nice meeting everyone today hope the fish do well for you.I got the daffodils in and will be taking the extras to the LFS for credit tomorrow so if anyone is interested in them now would be a good time to speak up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:39 pm

(speaks up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ciscosdad
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:01 am

Thanks for the female cacatuoides she is doing great.

joenels
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:14 pm

Glad she is doing well hope everyone else's are doing well also.

I still have 10 or so baby emperor tetras available at $1 each and have decided to swap my bloodfins for neons so have a shoal of 12 bloodfin tetras available for $10 for all of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:34 am

Just an update - the dorsigera pair are settled in very nicely to their spacious 29-gal. The substrate is very dark and there is a huge stand of java fern (takes up nearly half of the bottom) so I don't know if any of the babies made it*, but not for lack of trying! This is a very attractive pair and I'm pleased to have them.

The emperor tetras are lovely and coming along nicely, and the Bolivian rams settled in with the other Bolivian as well as the geophagus just great - they all poke around sifting in the sand together like they've been there all along.

*When I went to get the dorsigera pair they had some tiny (tiny!) fry with them. We're talking about fry that are barely visible. Since moving a cichlid pair can sometimes break their bond, Joenels siphoned off the fry with airline tubing into a container and collected the pair for me, and when I got home I acclimated everyone and deposited the babies into the tank with the hope that the job of minding the fry would help to maintain the pair bond. This is a nifty trick that can be of help to others, so I thought I'd share!

When I have some time in the next few days I'll get some pics of my new additions - thanks so much, Joenels!

View user profile
joenels
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:13 pm

Glad they are doing well for you.I had high hopes that the other two dorsigera would pair up and for a day or two they certainly acted like it but since then have colored down and are pretty much ignoring each other.The same with my bolivians...they arent nearly as colorful without the other two in there.Must have been due to competition or conspecific aggression.

Hopefully some of the babies made it if not I am sure they will try again.Something I found that helps is a nice ball of java moss...tends to hold onto small bits and pieces for the fry to nibble in between feedings as well as lots of good hiding places.

I still have plenty of emperor tetras if anyone else was interested.After Liz took ten I counted 18 more...and some of them are so tiny I cannot belive they are from the parents that were removed more than two months ago.They just magically appear out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
joenels
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:22 am

Wanted to bump this back up as I still have about 20 juvenile emperor tetras that need to go...will do 10 for $8.Also another pair of dorsigera for $15.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rehoming some more fish   

Back to top Go down

rehoming some more fish

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Marketplace :: For Sale, Trade, or Free-