Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

new 90

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: new 90   Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:32 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just picked up from Cichlid solutions a good deal on a used 90 with stand and canopy. Just got it cleaned up and in place, and just about ready for water. Have to get a filter yet, and ready to fill. I thought I was excited, but turns out my wife and dad are even more so. Can't decide what fish to go with yet. I've had such good luck with Mbuna's was thinking of them again but perhaps Haps and Peacocks this time.
All of you make it to hard when I see your pics and I think wow I think that is whcomes up and ...... well you know. lol
at I'll try, then another pic

Last edited by Ron on Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile

AuthorMessage
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: new 90   Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:37 pm

Hey Flip and Ben, here are some of latest pics of the 90. Still have not placed new lacerock that I bought from Ben but hope to have in by end of week. I will update more then. Currently have 3 Stuartgranti Mbenji (think that is correct), 3 German reds, 3 Sunshines, and 3 possible GR's not sure as to small, plus 2 Albino Bristlenose. Hoping with the new rock and some driftwood to get some or all the plants out to open up and show fish more.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: new 90   Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:44 pm

nice pics Ron!!! love the cave and the different plants thru out the tank. ThumbsUp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: new 90   Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Looks really nice Ron, Great job on the Aquascape ThumbsUp
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: new 90   Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:07 am

Looks great Ron. One thing I never tried with my africans was fake plants. Will have to do it whenever I start another african tank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: new 90   Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:19 pm

My Mbunas still uproot them sometimes. The Peacocks haveon occassion but not as often. Still to small probably.Atleast they last a little longer than live. lol

koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: new 90   Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:04 pm

I have a few fake plants in my tank. Some of the Africans like to hide behind them, while others love to uproot them. I just got my hands on some more, they would really be perfect for my 30L because of the height, but i am going to put them in the main tank (180) and hope it will give the smaller fish some hiding spots. I am going to buy 2 more really tall plants for the back of the tank. So Ron, How many fish do ya really want in your 90 gallon in the end??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ron
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: new 90   Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:44 pm

Not sure. 1st time with Peacocks. I'm thinking around 20 to 25. Not sure if that is to many or not enough? Had a bad day today though. I lost the three male German Reds I just bought at the CVAS meeting from KG. They were doing fine then found them today sick. Put them in hospital tank but they did not make it. Water checked fine, temp just right, and they were not beat up. Watching the others closely, hope they are okay. Really bummed, hate losing pets.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new 90   

Back to top Go down

new 90

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Tank Setups and Layout-