Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

New home wanted for lonely, stir-crazy Tiger Barb.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pat C
CVASMember

PostSubject: New home wanted for lonely, stir-crazy Tiger Barb.   Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:36 am

So, here's the story...

My niece has a 20 gal. high tank.
Population = 1 - common pleco
                   2 - red wag platies
                   1 - gold snail
and one...lone...tiger...barb...

A couple weeks ago Katie sent me a pic of her pleco...raggedy fins.  She asked me did the pleco have ich or something.  "Nope," says I "no sign of ich.  My money's on the tiger in yer tank."

A day or two later the pleco (maybe a 7 or 8 incher.) is dead.  Mmm hmm.

Yesterday I found the sweetest little inch and a half Bristlenose pleco at Richmond Aquarium.  I bought it for her and we introduced it to the tank at dinner.  The active little guy began skipping merrily from stone to tank wall to Buddha statue. Sampling algae as he went along.  And within ten minutes that tiger barb was sniffing at his teeny little ass.  Mmm hmm.

Ha!  Tiger was out of that tank and into a wonton soup container before he could take the first bite.  He is now pacing the confines of a 2 1/2 gal. hoosegow at my house.

And now, free to a good home...The zombiefish.              

Is there anyone out there with a school/swarm/tribe/mob/gang of tiger barbs who would welcome this poor, maligned (perhaps justly) fish.

Ideally someone who lives in the Richmond, VA area.  I will bring him to you.

Pat C

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: New home wanted for lonely, stir-crazy Tiger Barb.   Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:02 am

Pat, there is a member here who might. I'll send him a pm.

ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Re: New home wanted for lonely, stir-crazy Tiger Barb.   Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:58 am

That member is me, however I cannot be of assistance on this one. I used to have a pack of 9 tiger barbs, and even then they were killing some of my calmer fish (cory cats in particular).

I traded my tiger pack into a pet shop 18 months ago for some more peaceful fish. At some point I do want to keep a tank of tiger barbs, but they will be alone and I dont have bandwidth for another tank right.

Good luck in your search for a home.

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New home wanted for lonely, stir-crazy Tiger Barb.   

Back to top Go down

New home wanted for lonely, stir-crazy Tiger Barb.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Marketplace :: For Sale, Trade, or Free-