Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Wild Peru! Brian Perkins July 2, Raleigh

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Wild Peru! Brian Perkins July 2, Raleigh   Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:56 pm

The Raleigh Aquarium Society's JULY 2 program will be given by Brian Perkins of Wild Peru, Incorporated, on his many adventures in Peru. Go deep into a jungle, high into the mountains, or a parched desert with us as we learn about the incredible biodiversity of Peru. Brian will talk about various orchids, birds, frogs, mammals, and of course, fish! His goal is for you to take away a heightened understanding and awareness of what Peru has to offer the traveler and the naturalist in you. We hope you can join us!

RAS Monthly meetings are FREE and open to everybody. 7:30 pm in South Theater room of the NCSU Vet School. Access from Blue Ridge Rd or Hillsborough St. From the main entrance lobby, go downstairs (under the whale), straight through 2 sets of doors, and the meeting room is on the right. Bring your extra fish, inverts, plants, and supplies for the raffle or silent auction.

Also of special interest: (1) the club will have an "experimental" Saturday meeting in August to make it easier for younger members to attend, it will be on August 8 @ 1:00pm at the Vet School; (2) requests for Ken's Fish (coordinated by RAS Treasurer Larry Jinks) are needed 1 week prior to the regular meetings; (3) member Harold Greensword has secured another great 25% discount off all RAS logo'ed attire (no minimums needed) through our vendor Queensboro Attire Company. Visit the website http://raleighaquariumsociety.qbstores.com/OC/SF5429 to view all available clothing and assorted products.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Wild Peru! Brian Perkins July 2, Raleigh   Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:52 pm

The very first fish that I had shipped to me were from Brian Perkins.  I "met" him on Planet Catfish and he happened to read a thread where I posted how I couldn't find Corydoras habrosus in the LFSs anymore.  He contacted me and said he could ship me some from his friend's tank, who had just had a large group of fry.  Long story short, we did the deal and I have never forgotten how helpful he was in coordinating the shipping and packing of the fish.  At no real gain to himself, I might add, as the whole deal was basically me paying shipping, which was reasonable.  

After that, he invited me to go on one of these Peru trips, or at least to consider it, but I couldn't at the time.  It would be nice to hear his talk and make the connection again.

gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Wild Peru! Brian Perkins July 2, Raleigh   Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Deb,  If you decide to come down Thurs night and can stick around a couple days, The Eno River Festival in Durham is a blast.  Four stages with various bands, storytellers, other performers, crafts people, and enviro exhibits of Eno River fish & critters.  EEEK! (Eno Enviro Education for Kids) often leaves some nets by the river for visitors to use.  It runs Sat + Sun - I will be there on Sat.  On Friday Brian and some other folks are going seining to try and find two rare fish species (broadtail madtom and thinlip chub) in Sampson County SE of Raleigh.  I can't make it on that trip :>(  but extra hands might be welcome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wild Peru! Brian Perkins July 2, Raleigh   

Back to top Go down

Wild Peru! Brian Perkins July 2, Raleigh

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-