Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

JRAS Monthly Meeting, Wednesday, July 22 at 7:00 pm!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: JRAS Monthly Meeting, Wednesday, July 22 at 7:00 pm!   Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:32 pm

The James River Aquarium Society (JRAS) is meeting on Wednesday, July 22, 2015, at 7:00 pm.  NEW TIME!
Note the new time, it is one half hour earlier than in the past!    

The Program Topic is: "Setting Up and Maintaining a Simple Saltwater Pico Reef Aquarium!"  

The Program Speaker is TIKI Corals, a Saltwater Reef Specialty Store that sells Corals, Fish & Saltwater Aquariums.  They are located in Glen Allen at 10211 Staples Mill Rd, Glen Allen, VA‎.  
Phone: ‎(804) 562-6733  

SPECIAL NOTE!  A completely designed and ready to take home  six-component Innovative Marine Nuvo 10 Gallon Pico Saltwater Reef Tank, donated by TIKI Corals, will be raffled off at the meeting.  
Raffle tickets are just $1.00!
You must be a JRAS member to win.  ThumbsUp  

The Meeting Site:
The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries' (DGIF’s)
BRAND NEW FACILITY located at
7870 Villa Park Drive, Henrico, VA 23228.

Questions?  Ask here and we will find out the answer.  
Or contact, Dennis Bragg,
JRAS Programs Director
Cell/Text: (804) 690-2152 /
roovle@gmail.com,
Scott Cox,
Cell/Text: (804) 539-5360,
wsc.3@comcast.net,
or visit,
http://www.jras.org

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: JRAS Monthly Meeting, Wednesday, July 22 at 7:00 pm!   Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Liz and I are going tonight. Is anyone else from here going?

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: JRAS Monthly Meeting, Wednesday, July 22 at 7:00 pm!   Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:51 am

The meeting was very good, and I think I can speak for everyone when I say the talk given by Jim and Louisa Dyer from Tiki was enjoyable and informative. I discovered that I ought to be going to him for my SW I use for my brackish setup, and that is going to make my life a LOT easier! I live right around the corner from his shop, so instead of me mixing up SW myself (a bit of a pain, to say the least) I can cruise up the street and he'll fill my jug for me with water free of all the stuff that's in my tap water. 

Jose won the awesome little mini reef tank (lovely setup!) and if you weren't there you missed out on some lovely baby angels (one member got 8 fish for $1!!!!) as well as some dwarf plecos, a chocolate gourami (donated by Rama from Skoolz) and quite a few plants, aquarium and pond alike. 

The big topic of discussion was the fall auction, which is going to be BIG, so mark your calendars for October 17th!! More to come on that for sure, but this will be a professional auction, computerized, with an auctioneer and the works. Lots of opportunities for cool stuff there, both to obtain and to unload. If you just want to sell something, there's an opportunity to do that as well, so stay tuned.  Very Happy

View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: JRAS Monthly Meeting, Wednesday, July 22 at 7:00 pm!   Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:24 pm

Glad to hear it was a good meeting.

I am pretty sure I will coming down for the big auction. It should be a good event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JRAS Monthly Meeting, Wednesday, July 22 at 7:00 pm!   

Back to top Go down

JRAS Monthly Meeting, Wednesday, July 22 at 7:00 pm!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-