Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

JRAS Big Fall Auction!  Saturday, October 17, All Day!

The James River Aquarium Society is holding their first annual BIG Fall Auction on Saturday October 17!  Plan to attend this one, hosted by our local aquarium club!  

Saturday, October 17, 2015  from 9:am - 4:pm ... mark your calendar!

Lots of vendors have been contacted for donations and many have replied!  Items have been received (or are on the way) from SeaChem, Marineland, CaribSea, Omega One (Omega Sea), Aqueon, and other top-of-the-line vendors.  And we will have lots of fish and plants, too!

We'll be using MyGroupAuctions to register and keep track of the goods.  For the auction rules and more information click anywhere on the poster above to visit the JRAS website at www.jras.org  or ask here.  Updates will be posted frequently.

AuthorMessage
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:34 pm

@verbal this is an impressive list, and a great big thank you for posting all of it!

fish fish fish

View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:48 pm

Liz wrote:
@verbal this is an impressive list, and a great big thank you for posting all of it!

fish fish fish

I just checked and some great stuff got added - tetras, cories from Don Kinyon - an accomplished breeder from PVAS. Also some nice angels from Lee - prez of JRAS.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:21 pm

This listing:

"5 25% Wild Silver from Rio Cuyuni (tank raised quarter size)"

... refers to ANGELFISH, though it is not specified in the listing. It is not my listing but I'm familiar with these fish.

View user profile
Donald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Some nice fish and plants. Too bad I can not go.

Last edited by Donald on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:14 pm

@Liz the listing has been modified to say "Angelfish."  Feel free to modify the list as you see fit.

I just realized, too, that the list is in alphabetical order!  Numbers first, low to high, and then a,b,c, etc.  Did not see that at first, and wondered at the organization of it. scratch

verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:50 am

Updates(chronological) since:
Dwarf Cichlids Complete Book of - Hardcover book in excellent condition.
African Ciclids hardcover Book
Variety of Softcover books 4 small
Maylandia lombardoi adult pair (1M/1F) mbuna
(5) Small Platinum Pearlscale Angelfish (tank raised by discuslee@gmail.com)
(5) Medium Platinum Pearlscale Angelfish (tank raised by discuslee@gmail.com)
(6) juvenile red laser Corydoras CW010 Tank raised Kinyons@comcast.net
(3) Adult Platinum Pearlscale Angelfish (tank raised by discuslee@gmail.com)
(10) juvenile red laser Corydoras CW010 Tank raised *Donation* Kinyons@comcast.net
(5) juvenile green laser Corydoras CW009 Tank raised Kinyons@comcast.net
(5) juvenile Corydoras oiapoquensis tank raised kinyons@comcast.net
(5) Medium Marble Angelfish (tank raised by discuslee@gmail.com)
(5) juvenile Corydoras weitzmani tank raised kinyons@comcast.net
(4) Large Koi Angelfish (tank raised by discuslee@gmail.com)
(5) Small Koi Angelfish (tank raised by discuslee@gmail.com)
(6) Hemigrammus hyanuary: January or Costello tetra tank raised kinyons@comcast.net
(10+) White-finned Rosy Tetra, Hyphessobrycon bentos. tank raised kinyons@comcast.net
Terrarium Tank 36 x 18 x 18 with backround, screen cover and accessories
Brazilian Pennywort - Nice green plant Easy to grow - Can be Floated or planted in substrate
Brazilian Pennywort Nice Green plant - Easy to grow - Can be floated or planted in substrate
Corkscrew Vallisneria
Nymphoides Sp. Taiwan Nice Green plant Easy to grow and propagate
Nymphoides Sp. Taiwan. Nice Green plant Easy to grow and propagate
Bag of Java moss
Large Java Fern
6 Albino Cory's
ONE 4" Marble Motoro Ray pup born 10/1/15. Eats frozen bloodworms. Parents are 15" full grown.
15" Flower Ray. Healthy with no scars, tears, or heater burns.
10 Red Cherry Shrimp (Bloodymary grade)
Blue Clown Pearlscale x Blue Silver Pearlscale (Proven Pair also parent raises)
5 Assorted Marble Type Angelfish (quarter size +)
5 Blue Zebra Angelfish (quarter size +)
5 Black ghost Angelfish (quarter size +)
20 Gallon High tank
3 Pairs of snakeskin/cobra Guppies
3 Clown angelfish
2 gold marble pearl scale angelfish
3 large gold marble angelfish
1 medium size black angelfish
3 small clown angelfish
4 small black angelfish
4 small gold angelfish
4 Sterbai Cory's
5 Panda Cory's
6 Bronze Cory's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:07 pm

WOW, this is going to be a very good event and I'm looking forward to attending.

For others who are attending, what do you hope to pickup - anything on your gotta have wish list?

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:39 pm

I missed the quad group of blue acara juvies (gorgeous chubby healthy little things!) at the PVAS recently, and that's likely what I'd have put in my 29. I'm contemplating a completely different direction with that tank but I still admire those little fish.

I'm also interested in tiny red tetras, embers, specifically, and B. histrionica (Golden zebra loach) are always on my radar, because you rarely see them and I need more for my tiny group of 3 I have in the 125. They are not quite as timid as most loaches and lean towards a diurnal lifestlyle, which is coveted in a loach tank.

I don't see any of the above on the list, but a girl can hope!

View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:46 am

I'm hoping that *someone* will show up with a trio of young Altolamprologus calvus. I love you

scruiz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:07 am

I am hoping to sell my fish and hard goods and possibly pickup a 20L, some rummy nose or other tetras, clown plecos, Albino, panda and laser corys and dwarf Sag plants.

My Sell list below:
101 SUPREME HEATERS 2 (9" and 12") with 3 spare contacts.
103 Strip Light Aquarium 15/20 high  24" length  with working 18" bulb.  
104 Aqua Lifter pump pre-filter
110 Aquarium decoration 1 Large .  21" L x 10" D x 12" H
111 Under gravel filter (20 long or 29 ) with 1 extension tube. 29" long by 11" deep.  
112 Assorted shells 24 Small  used for shell dweller African cichlids.
113 Panda Guppy Poecilia reticulate (Colony 5 male 2 females)
114 African Cichlids Rusties -- Iodotropheus sprengerae breeding (colony    2 females 2 male) Least aggressive of African Mbunas.
115 African Cichlids Rusties - Iodotropheus sprengerae 3 small  1"  (juvenile) Least aggressive of African Mbunas
116 African Cichlid Shell Dwellers (Multies)  Neolamprologus multifasciatus ( colony 3 males 2 females )
117 Giant Dianos (Colony 5) Adult
367 Dwarf Cichlids Complete Book of - Hardcover book in excellent condition.
368 African Ciclids hardcover Book
369 Variety of Softcover books 4 small

Aquariums: 90, 45, 125, 20 long, Fish Room Racks: 2 x 55 gal  and 2 x 15 gal  and a Fluval Spec V
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ziurcs.shutterfly.com
lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:34 am

Deb wrote:
I'm hoping that *someone* will show up with a trio of young Altolamprologus calvus. I love you

Mine are still too small. They grow really slowly...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scruiz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:38 am

New and existing members can pay the dues for the club at the Auction.  There will be a Membership and Auction table there!

Aquariums: 90, 45, 125, 20 long, Fish Room Racks: 2 x 55 gal  and 2 x 15 gal  and a Fluval Spec V
Back to top Go down
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:40 am

lkelly wrote:
Deb wrote:

Mine are still too small.  They grow really slowly...

*lol* Lane, you knew I meant you. Wink  @lkelly I'm still interested and I'll wait.

verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:42 am

Some more items have been added:

Krobia guianensis - 6 juvenile
Goodea atripinnis - 6 juvenile (goodeid livebearer)
Aequidens patricki - 6 juvenile
Corydoras stenocephalus - 6 juvenile
Neolamprologus multifasciatus - 6 juvenile (shell dweller)
Aphyosemion poliaki - pair
Hemichromis stellifer - 5 juvenile (jewel cichlids)
Archocentrus panamensis - 6 juvenile
Aulonocara hueseri -6 juvenile (peacock cichlids)
Julidochromis marlieri - 6 juvenile
Fluval Accent Tank and Stand 25 Gallon NIB.
10 Red Cherry Shrimp (Bloodymary grade)
5 Black ghost Angelfish (quarter size +)
Anubias Nana
5 Assassin Snail
Adult male Labidochromis caeruleus
4-5" Snakeskin Flachen Discus
Redneck Macmasteri Male Apistogramma
Panduro Apistogramma Male
2.5" Silver Pigeon Stendker Discus
WAPOGA RED-LASER RAINBOWFISH (TWO PAIRS) MELANOTAENIA RUBRIVITTATA
Xiphophorus alvarezi - 6 juvenile
Xiphophorus mayae - 6 juvenile
Hypsophrys nicaraguensis - 6 juvenile (nickies)
Rivulus sp. "kona yala" 6 (S.A. mop spawning killifish)
Pelvicachromis pulcher - 6 juvenile (kribensis)
Guianacara sp. "Rio Caroni" - 6 juvenile (bandit acaras)
Parachromis managuensis - 6 juvenile (jaguar cichlids)

I know Florida Aquatic Nurseries is sending a plant donation and a GWAPA member may be sending some plants down with me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:16 pm

Looks like Imperial donated some nice Haps (and some other fish too)...  IMPERIAL has really nice fish and I'd be interested in bidding on those Haps but they are 1 male and 1 female - ugh - in my all male set up I have no place for single ladies....

lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:42 pm

If anyone is interested in the Red Empress pair, I have 2 adult females to make a better ratio.

Tracey, would you be interested in one or more male Aulonocara stuartgranti "Chipoka" young adults? Starting to color up nicely - maybe a little over 2" for the biggest and some smaller.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:39 pm

Lane, I have several species that are very similar in color to the Chipoka's and I suspect a cichlid war is very possible. So while my heart says I'd love to add one to my tank my head says no-no, so I'll have to pass. Do you have any Red Empress Males?

thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:47 pm

lkelly wrote:
If anyone is interested in the Red Empress pair, I have 2 adult females to make a better ratio

This is a very good option for the winner of the male/female pair.

lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm

No red empress males - lost the one I had a while back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:16 am

I have been in this hobby for 50 years. I have never been to an event like this before. I had to turn down an engagement to attend. You'll  can't imagine my anticipation. I look forward to hanging out with my fellow fish geeks. See ya there... Hello

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thegundog
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:00 am

It was an awesome event and big kudos to all of those who worked so hard to put it together.

Had my wife not been with me, I would have most certainly left with the 110 Gallon Aquarium - at $150.00 that was an incredible purchase - and I would love to start a Discus Tank, so nothing better for that than the wonderful 110.....

I didn't buy anything but it was good to see some old friends from this forum.

Last edited by thegundog on Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scruiz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:23 am

Long day for me but I really enjoyed the Auction and seeing so many Aquarium People together.  Well run event.  I sold the fish I wanted to re-home and bought the fish I had wanted.  Went very well for me.  

I also wanted to say Liz's daughters worked hard all day and Little Lane helped as well.  I was impressed with them and wanted to say thanks for their help. So great to see young adults helping at an event like this one.

Back to top Go down
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:49 am

Friends from out of town staying overnight kept me away but I'm sorry to have missed the fun.  October is always a super-busy month for me, there's never a free weekend, but I truly thought I was going to make it up there mid-morning.  Oh, well!  I hear it was a big success, about 60 bidders.  I'm trying to downsize right now until I move so perhaps it's best that I didn't go ... *lol* ... Too many temptations - and not one of them named Ruffin. rockin\'

Girtlovesdirt
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:45 pm

That was my first club auction and I had a great time. It was nice meeting fellow hobbyists. I thought it went well and great job to those who worked hard to put it on. Also I second the great job done by the young adults. There were some great deals to be had and it was nice to get some plants for my upcoming 55 gal dirted planted tank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:40 pm

@Deb - too bad you couldn't make it.

@scruiz - I think I bought your rusty adults

I wasn't nearly as good as @thegundog at avoiding some of the irresistable deals.  I had to set-up a tank  to put all the Angels I got in QT.  There may be some risk in mixing groups, but they all come from reputable breeders.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    

Back to top Go down

James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-