Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:10 pm

First topic message reminder :

JRAS Big Fall Auction!  Saturday, October 17, All Day!

The James River Aquarium Society is holding their first annual BIG Fall Auction on Saturday October 17!  Plan to attend this one, hosted by our local aquarium club!  

Saturday, October 17, 2015  from 9:am - 4:pm ... mark your calendar!

Lots of vendors have been contacted for donations and many have replied!  Items have been received (or are on the way) from SeaChem, Marineland, CaribSea, Omega One (Omega Sea), Aqueon, and other top-of-the-line vendors.  And we will have lots of fish and plants, too!

We'll be using MyGroupAuctions to register and keep track of the goods.  For the auction rules and more information click anywhere on the poster above to visit the JRAS website at www.jras.org  or ask here.  Updates will be posted frequently.

AuthorMessage
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:03 pm

I enjoyed the JRAS Auction yesterday. It was my first time experiencing this type of event. I thought it was well organized and executed. I didn't get a chance to talk with many people but it was great hanging out with people of similar interest. Items sold at good prices and some deals were fantastic. I left with the items I was seeking, watched my fish being sold and became a member...Cool

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
scruiz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:42 pm

So many Angels at the auction - so many great deals on them too.

@verbal  The rustles were great breeders -- they are very nice fish for an Mauna setup.  Did you get the  the 3 juveniles too?  I still have about 12 babies from those adults.

@JohnnyAMH Glad you became a member -- some good speakers coming up at the meetings.
  Seeing the fish go to excited new owners was great.

@Deb -- we missed you.  I have that piece you were interested in and can show you at the next meeting.

At the auction, I picked up school of Panda cory's now, finally clown plecos, Lambchop rasboras, and some baby white finned Rosy tetras. All doing well.  

Picked up two crypts-- Spirals and Undulata and a 20 long tank.

I finally got some micro worms that I have been feeding to all my fish now.

The auction was fun.

Aquariums: 90, 45, 125, 20 long, Fish Room Racks: 2 x 55 gal  and 2 x 15 gal  and a Fluval Spec V
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ziurcs.shutterfly.com
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:43 am

@JohnnyAMH I can't believe I missed you!! It has been a while and I'm sorry not to have been able to chat - I was slammed pretty much the entire time, though, and didn't get to talk to many folks. 

Funny you mention the 110 gal, @thegundog , because Anna, who was helping out, got it, and she seemed a bit shell-shocked at her new addition. She needs it for her discus, too, and that tall configuration is perfect for them. Her husband, who was not in attendance, seemed a bit, um, surprised at her purchase, based on the texts she showed me he sent, which were emoticons, as he apparently had no words, lol!

There were a ton of great items and some great deals. I got some manzanita wood and missed on a number of other items, but only because I am a cheapskate.

It was a lot of fun, and thanks to everyone who came out! 

P.S. It was also fun to watch my girls, who turn 15 this month, doing some actual work.  cheers

Lol, not really - I kid! They're great girls who, in spite of being 15, still seem OK hanging out with their mother. I think they are an endangered species.... especially because they weren't texting the whole time, and I don't recall seeing a single eye roll the whole day.  great

View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:25 pm

Wow 500 items for a first-time auction is impressive!  Let's see ... 500 items / 60 bidders = ... Yikes! ... some of you obviously bought more than you have space for ... Bring your excess to the Raleigh auction on Sunday Nov 15.  Or come down a day early for for Chris Smith's plant talk at 1:00 Sat, and stay over for the auction Sunday.  Ramada Inn on Blue Ridge Rd is right beside the Vet School (Sat meeting) and across the street from the James Martin Bldg (Sun auction).  Auction-runner is one way for kids to get excited about the hobby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:53 pm

scruiz wrote:
@Deb -- we missed you.  I have that piece you were interested in and can show you at the next meeting.

@scruiz, thanks it would have been fun to see everyone and say hi to a couple of PVAS folks.  Please DO bring that piece to the next meeting, which I guess will be on October 28. Very Happy  I can't wait to see it!

JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:16 am

@verbal
I think it is always a good practice to quarantine new stock. It just makes sense to protect your investments. I seldom add new stock into my systems and I almost always quarantine. Although, I'm not always successful, my goal is always to keep things going.. Cool

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!    

Back to top Go down

James River Aquarium Society 1st Annual Fall Auction!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-