Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Your Fish Store

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Passionweed
CVASMember

PostSubject: Your Fish Store   Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:55 am

Hello All,

I found this fish store online.  I do not see anything written about it here....I did write to this place and they responded
saying they are glad to have people come to pick their fish up in person but they do not open their facility to the public.  I
think they specialize in fish tanks for businesses, etc... but obviously keep a large line of fish available for mail order...and
all shipping is free and no minimum order.  They are located in Virginia (I think around Fredericksburg/Stafford area)... it's
a shame they are not open to the public as they are close to many of us...  The selection, free shipping, and no minimum order
almost sounds too good to be true Smile

www.yourfishstore.com  

Take a look...they have a beautiful website, huge selection, beautiful pictures and great prices.  I noticed the website is updated
every single day!

Has anyone ever purchased from this business?  Just curious, as I see so many really great things I'd like!

Dave
Orange Co., VA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Your Fish Store   Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:18 am

Nice find. How do they do free shipping and make money? I see they take trade ins to.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Your Fish Store   Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:47 pm

Their Facebook page states they are located in Fredericksburg. It highlights a large saltwater selection.

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Your Fish Store   Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:26 pm

It seems as if the free shipping is a limited time offer:

Your Fish Store wrote:
*PLEASE READ:

For a limited amount of time, we are offering FREE shipping on all dry goods and livestock with NO minimum purchase needed.

In order to keep shipping FREE and livestock prices low.  We Ship Out orders on Wednesday of every week to arrival on Thursday.

Click this.

Passionweed
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Your Fish Store   Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:57 pm

I did read that....  They are so close and when I emailed this business he said they welcomed people picking up their fish in person (he restated they are not open to the public)....I like the idea of being able to pick them up, gently place them in an insulated container and drive the 60 miles back home....well worth the time and gas money.  If they do reinstate shipping charges (or you want fish during the winter and don't want to risk shipping)...it's really not that far from Richmond.  It's about as far from me (60-ish miles) I'm figuring.  Let's face it...when your addicted to something, 60 miles is NOTHING  zoooooooooom  imthere

I'm still setting up my new tank so I'm not ready for new fish just yet, but I just may 'bite' and try this place.  They certainly have a nice selection!

I'm thinking this place may cater to the Washington D.C. area for business/residential aquarium services, I'm sure they would have a huge market for that up there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Your Fish Store   Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:12 am

Shipping is free. But they charge you for the box. $19.99....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Your Fish Store   Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:47 pm

Fward wrote:

That's pretty sketchy. Just be upfront instead of trying to bury costs elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Your Fish Store   Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:42 pm

Fward wrote:

Fward -- Is that on the website? or did they tell you in person? Just wondering where that info came from. If it's meant as a joke, I'd suggest you remove it ASAP - not everyone will "get it".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Your Fish Store   Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:24 pm

They also claim to have wild Altum angels. These are tricky to ship, tricky to keep alive, and some of my acquaintances in the Angelfish Study Group, advanced in the angel hobby, have terrible luck with them. 

I'd need to see those in person before accepting a shipment, or at least get some kind of guarantee. They are expensive to keep while you try to sell them, unless things have changed very recently. It could be these are some Pterophyllum species being nicknamed "altum," which has been done before.

I'm not saying this outfit is shady by any means, but there are a couple of curious things about them. Shipping fish is not cheap, no matter how you slice it, nor should it be, and I'm wondering how they are managing the free shipping angle. Even if they charge a $19 box fee, which in most cases would be cheaper than a typical shipping charge, it almost seems too cheap, lol! 

Sometimes things, like a Stella Artois, are "reassuringly expensive."  Wink

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Fish Store   

Back to top Go down

Your Fish Store

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Area Fish Stores - Locations and Reviews :: Online Fish Stores-