Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Rock walls for Lake Tanganyika tank.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Rock walls for Lake Tanganyika tank.   Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:00 pm

So here is some of the new stone I got from Pete Rose Landscaping which is right here in Richmond.  There is nothing more fun than going to the landscaping yard with your great friend, @Liz, and picking out individual pieces of this thin stone for your Lake Tanganyika set-up.  
All scrubbed up and ready to go in the tank:  

The stone is in many layers, while still being relatively thin, and the surfaces mimic rock ledges.  At least, that is the goal.  
Here is how it looks as a rock wall across the back glass:  

One day there will be Altolamprologus hanging out on that wall.

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Rock walls for Lake Tanganyika tank.   Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:26 pm

I do love Pete Rose and all those rocks!!  ThumbsUp You picked out some great ones, and they don't mind if you're just buying a few pieces. 

They DO mind, however, if you rinse the dusty ones off in their pretty fountain to see how they'll look wet. Deborah would never do this, but some "great friend" lost her mind for just a few moments. I'm not sure what came over me, but I'm lucky I didn't get banned from the property. Embarassed That would make me sad, because I just love wandering around there! 

I'm still just an outlaw renegade fishkeeper at heart....   rockin\'

View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Rock walls for Lake Tanganyika tank.   Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:11 pm

*lol*!!! I had no idea that it wasn't allowed until *she* came flying out to tell us.  There is something so WRONG about a stern, humorless young person. Laughing

JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Rock walls for Lake Tanganyika tank.   Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:53 pm

I can visualize you ladies out in the yard picking over the rocks. I can only imagine what the young lady was thinking watching you guys rinsing the inventory...too much!

Don't worry, we understand... Wink

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Rock walls for Lake Tanganyika tank.   Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:55 am

Yes, crazy fish people at the landscape supply! lol!

That's the thing I like about this place - it looks like somewhere you'd go to order a dump truck load of gravel to be delivered, or mulch, or where you go with your designer to pick out the stone you'll use for your patio and rock wall (it is, for sure), but if you go there wanting ONE feature rock that is just perfect for your aquarium, the right size, shape and color, they don't bat an eye, ask what you're doing, digging through piles of stones the size of cantaloupes, nothing. If you can weigh it, they'll sell it to you.

I will say, in the young lady's defense, she quickly offered a sink for us to do the very thing we were doing. It just occurred to me that they need a huge display tank in their lobby with mbuna, featuring a selection of their awesome rocks, slate and marble! Idea

View user profile
Fward
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Rock walls for Lake Tanganyika tank.   Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:20 pm

Haha That is to funny. I would like to see the finished deal. I need a background for my 72x28 tank. may get to heavy with so many rocks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock walls for Lake Tanganyika tank.   

Back to top Go down

Rock walls for Lake Tanganyika tank.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Tank Setups and Layout-