Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

American Goldfish Association - Show & Auction in Richmond, VA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pat C
CVASMember

PostSubject: American Goldfish Association - Show & Auction in Richmond, VA    Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:18 am

Haven't had enough fish events, yet?  (Is there such a thing as too many fish events? )
I just discovered that the American Goldfish Association is having its annual show &  auction in Richmond on  November 14th.  It will be held @ Reynolds Community College in the Burnette Building, Room 254.  The address is 1651 East Parham Rd.; Richmond, VA  23228.
Here's a link to the info page.  Take note. The date is not October 3. It has been changed to November 14.
swimmy  fish  swimmy  fish  swimmy  fish  swimmy
Sooo. Even if you don't have goldfish or koi, etc., you can still enjoy looking at the pretty fishies.  And there might be a tank or other bit of hardware in the auction that would like to go home with you.   Very Happy
I've never been to a goldfish event, so I'm kinda stoked.

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: American Goldfish Association - Show & Auction in Richmond, VA    Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:48 am

This is great! I keep goldfish, and though I'm not exactly an enthusiast, I do very much enjoy them and this sounds fun. Plus, this is right up the road from me. 

Mine are in the waiting room of my office (instead of TV!) and everyone enjoys watching them - always colorful and active, kind of a happy-go-lucky fish that doesn't hide or seem nervous at all. Very soothing to watch. 

Thanks for the heads, up, Pat! We can never have enough fishy events....

View user profile
neogeo20041
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: American Goldfish Association - Show & Auction in Richmond, VA    Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:57 am

Since we are on the subject of goldfish I thought I should share this Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: American Goldfish Association - Show & Auction in Richmond, VA    Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:38 am

Great video! I want more goldfish now. Oh dear. ('Cept for the bubble eyes. Nope)

P.S. Hi, kids, Mom here! Hello Try to avoid taking selfie videos while driving. 'Kay?

View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: American Goldfish Association - Show & Auction in Richmond, VA    Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:06 pm

Wow!!! This sounds like it's going to be another outstanding event for central Virginia fish keepers. Goldfish are one of the oldest and most selectively bred ornamental fish. There are some very extreme mutations that have been developed. I can't say that I'm a fan of all of them but I do respect the work that has been done. I expect that this event is going to be a rare opportunity for us. I hope I can participate for a couple hours. I have an engagement that day...Rolling Eyes

@neogeo20041 Thanks for posting the video. It showcases many of the different varieties popular with Goldfish keepers. It's very informative as usual. Thanks again, I enjoyed it...Cool

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Angelfish Show Tank
(Angelfish, Guppies, Neons and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Growout Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Growout Tank
10 gal. Planted Bristled Nose Plecos and Guppy Show Tank
(Guppies, Bristled Nose Plecos and kuhli Loaches)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Goldfish Association - Show & Auction in Richmond, VA    

Back to top Go down

American Goldfish Association - Show & Auction in Richmond, VA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-