Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction   Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:23 pm

SAT Nov 14 at 1:00 pm: Chris Smith will be giving a program on aquatic plants and maintaining planted tanks. - NCSU Vet School (South Theater room -- from main entrance lobby go downstairs (under the whale) past the library and straight thru two double doors. Meeting room is on the right. .

SUN Nov 15: RAS Fall Auction at State Fairgrounds (James Martin Bldg) across the street from the Vet School (Trinity Rd, off Blue Ridge Rd). Pre-Register your items on www.mygroupauctions.com . Doors open for On-Site registration at 9:00 am and auction begins at 11:00 am.

If anybody wants live blackworms (from Eastern Aquatics) for pickup at the auction on Nov 15, let me know. $25/lb, $13/half-lb, $7/quarter-lb. Bring a cooler with ice to transport them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction   Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:12 am

Is anyone interested in carpooling down from Richmond area? I may or may not be bringing fish, but may have some transportation concerns (i.e. my car smells like it's on fire after about 10 minutes these days).

I went to their last auction and it was a pretty good turnout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction   Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:05 pm

Raleigh auction is just 6 days away, on Sun Nov 15. I added about 40 items to the registry yesterday at (http://www.mygroupauctions.com) Over half the items usually get entered during the final day before the auction, or the morning of the auction. Let me know in advance if possible if you want live blackworms (see above).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction   Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:18 pm

I'm definitely coming now. Car should be better and I look forward to meeting with some RAS people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction   Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:51 am

Just heard from Joshua at Batfish Aquatics -- He's donating a ZEBRA PLECO for our Auction this Sunday Nov 15. If you're coming to the auction and want to pre-order anything else from him (save on shipping) check his webste batfishaquatics.com. He's got a nice selection of unusual fish & inverts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
verbal
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction   Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:20 am

Very cool on the zebra pleco donation.

I won't be able to attend the auction, but I am entering some shrimp lots that Dave Sombach will be bringing down for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lkelly
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction   Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:49 pm

Nice to meet Gerald and others today at the auction. All my fish made it back safely so a winning day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction   Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:25 pm

Great meeting you at last too Lane - and hanging out with David Sombach and the Braggs again. We had around 540 items sold in a little over 5 hrs. I got Turquoise rainbowfish, Keyhole cichlids, Rotala, and some mis-ID'd cichlids that I now think may be Pelvicachromis silviae after some google searching (the bag was labelled "cutteri" - not even close). There were a zillion Angelfish and other cichlids, and only one bag of Bettas that I saw (B. albimarginata). Some cool catfish, tank-raised tetras & barbs, celestial danios ...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction   

Back to top Go down

Raleigh Nov 14-15: Meeting & Fall Auction

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-