Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Quick little BN pic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Quick little BN pic   Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:00 pm

I spied one of the wee ancistrus babies I got from @neogeo20041 chowing down on the underside of a slice of zucchini today, and I thought it made a cute pic!

Nothing in this planted 10g but the BN and snails, as I'm undecided on how to stock it otherwise. He's right at 2cm long - adorable. 

View user profile
neogeo20041
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Quick little BN pic   Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:28 pm

They look like they are growing well Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Quick little BN pic   Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:15 pm

Well, he's a little behind schedule, actually, because I didn't realize he was in the tank!

I had taken everything out when I moved the angels to my 30g cube at home (this tank is at work), thinking I had removed all the fish, and the tank was sitting there, no plants, no filter, no light, no nothin' for a week or 10 days, and what do I see one day on the glass but this little fellow! Whoopsie..... Embarassed

So I set the tank back up, brought the plants back to work and got it going again, brought in some snails and am trying to get him caught up with his mates, lol. I guess I miscounted when I put some of those wee fellas in there originally. He seems none the worse for wear though. You gotta love catfish - they are tough, though I'm sure he wasn't suffering too much, actually.

View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Quick little BN pic   Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:36 pm

Nice picture... Cool

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neogeo20041
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Quick little BN pic   Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:05 am

@Liz wrote:
Well, he's a little behind schedule, actually, because I didn't realize he was in the tank!

I had taken everything out when I moved the angels to my 30g cube at home (this tank is at work), thinking I had removed all the fish, and the tank was sitting there, no plants, no filter, no light, no nothin' for a week or 10 days, and what do I see one day on the glass but this little fellow! Whoopsie.....  Embarassed

So I set the tank back up, brought the plants back to work and got it going again, brought in some snails and am trying to get him caught up with his mates, lol. I guess I miscounted when I put some of those wee fellas in there originally. He seems none the worse for wear though. You gotta love catfish - they are tough, though I'm sure he wasn't suffering too much, actually.

Haha..things happen especially with fish that hide so well. So, I don't blame you Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Quick little BN pic   Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:22 am

@neogeo20041 @Liz I have to agree. I find them very difficult to catch in a planted tank without tearing it up...Laughing

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Quick little BN pic   Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:28 am

This is true, @JohnnyAMH, especially at this size. I didn't even realize I had missed him. He's king of the 10-gal now, lol.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quick little BN pic   

Back to top Go down

Quick little BN pic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-