Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors   Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:15 pm

RAS Workshop Vendor Tables: We still have space for seller's tables at the RAS workshop Mar 18-20 at Ramada Inn, Blue Ridge Rd, Raleigh. Vendors can set up anytime after noon on Friday, before the Friday night "Meet the Speakers" party, and remain setup all through the Saturday talks and dinner banquet. We'll need to have everything out by midnight Sat. Cost is $30 for 1st table (6' x 2.5 ') and $25 for additional tables. To reserve a vendor table, contact Michael at raleighaquariumsociety@yahoo.com

For more info on the 2016 Workshop: www.raleighaquariumsociety.org/workshop-main
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors   Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:29 pm

FRI MAR 18: Native fish field trip: 1-6 pm, meet-the-speakers party & vendors: 7 pm (Ramada Inn)
SAT MAR 19: Speakers & Vendors all day: Sam Borstein, Ghazanfar Ghori, Lonnie Ready, Gerald Pottern
SAT night: Dinner Banquet & After Dinner talk: Project Piaba (Brazil): Buy Fish and Save Forests (Ramada Inn)
SUN MAR 20: Auction of Plants, Fish, Inverts, New & Used Equipment, Books, etc. (State Fairgrounds)

RAS Regular Monthly Meeting, Thur Mar 3: (NCSU Vet School, 7:30-9:30 pm)
Elvin Eaton on Breeding & Keeping Cichlids
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors   Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:56 am

Raleigh convention is 2 weeks away: Mar 16-18. Ramada Inn is offering us rooms for $72 /night including full breakfast. Below is the speaker lineup. If you're bringing items to sell in the auction, use www.mygroupauctions.com to register. You can upload photos of your items as you register them -- it's very easy and intuitive. If you're selling young fish, you might want to post a photo of what the adults will look like - either your own photo or a "borrowed" one is OK. New this year: We'll have a projector to show the photo while each item is being auctioned (if a photo is posted).

Friday Mar 18
1:00 – 6:00 pm: Native fish collecting trip (please arrive early to sign release waiver)
7:00pm: Meet & Greet Party with Speakers, Vendors, Exhibits.

Saturday Mar 19
9:00am: Workshop Registration, Introductions, and Setup.
10:00am: "Small Central American Cichlids" by Sam Borstein.
11:00am: "Tropica Aquatic Plant Nursery Tour" by Ghazanfar Ghori.
12:00pm: Lunch (at the Ramada Restaurant, offering hot & cold sandwich platters for $9.00).
1:00pm: "IUCN-HAFSG: Protecting the Aquarium Global Fish Trade" by Lonnie Ready.
2:00pm: "Carolina Native Fishes for Aquariums" by Gerald Pottern.
3:00pm: Break (snacks at the Ramada desk).
3:30pm: "Lake Victoria Cichlid Extinction" by Sam Borstein.
4:30pm: "Cryptocoryne: Emergent and Submersed" by Ghanzafar Ghori.
5:30pm: Break (snacks at the Ramada desk).
6:00pm: Social Hour (at the Ramada Lounge).
7:00pm: Dinner followed by banquet talk "Buy Fish, Save Forests - Project Piaba" by Lonnie Ready.

Sunday, March 20
9:00 am: Auction Registration and Setup.
11:00 am: Auction Begins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors   Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:08 am

So who's coming down to the Raleigh convention this weekend? Weather looks great for the Fri field trip. We're planning to seine streams in the Neuse and Roanoke watersheds north of Durham and Hillsborough. Nice diversity of dace, shiners, chubs, madtoms, killies, sunfish, darters, etc in that area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors   Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:19 am

My nephew is annoyed he's missing this! He's out of town and can't go, and I've got a family event this weekend. I have got to make it down there for the next one.

View user profile
cholt
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors   Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:04 pm

sounds like fun but my son has our district pinewood derby this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors   Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:25 pm

cholt wrote:
sounds like fun but my son has our district pinewood derby this weekend.

COOL!

View user profile
cholt
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors   Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:37 pm

yeah. My son took 1st place for his scout den and 2nd place for his scout troop. His best friend took 2nd in their den and then took 1st for the troop. So they wanted to see how their cars did against other scout troops in our area. Their cars are really fast. Their cars were faster than mine was from the Dads race. Where i took 1st. I think their cars average scale speed was 218mph were mine was 215mph. Their cars were jockeying back and forth most of the day with only about .5mph between them.  The best part was I know they both built their cars with little adult help(from me) since they were built in my workshop.

Sorry for the hijack of the post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors   

Back to top Go down

Raleigh: Carolina Aquarium Workshop Mar 18-20 Vendors

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-