Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lilpieceofnature
CVASMember

PostSubject: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:43 pm

Well we moved to our first home two weeks ago . It took me an my brother in law eight hours to move an set up consolidate twelve tanks to eight tanks lost one fish doing the move an one tank but everything else made it pics commuting soon
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.mrcstanks.com
lilpieceofnature
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:42 pm

Back to top Go down
lilpieceofnature
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:45 pm

I love the fact I have window that I can just open the blinds an six in day morning an shut them six at night saves on electricity an helps my big fush simmer down in there new home plus the neighbors kids sit an look at them threw the window ... house warming party commuting soon..
Back to top Go down
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:20 pm

Looking good, lil'piece! Sounds like a great set-up there! *thumbs up*

JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:03 pm

Outstanding!!! It sounds like a huge undertaking. I'm happy to hear all went well... Cool

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:53 am

My stands all have feet at the corners (rather than frame resting on the floor) to facilitate drying up any spills or overflows ... not that that EVER happens in my fishroom. Bricks or blocks under each corner would do it - something high enough that you can reach your arm under with an absorbent cloth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilpieceofnature
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:11 pm

Thanks johnny it was a lesson learned lol.. here's what in did I have trap doors in the bottom with sorbet all on a mat that I can pull out an put back I did the stain an seal around the bottom so water waste will run off an run away. My next stand is going to be for a twenty nine im going with a diy set up I found on line. These stands where easy to build . I love my fish room its a step up an a step in the right direction.. next gotta fine a better way to declorinate with out using prime thinking maybe some orange zest an air for a week ... hmmm
Back to top Go down
lilpieceofnature
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Thanks deb I finally graduated from beginner to advance fish keeper ... thanks again trying to get that wow awesome tank look from the neighbors ...
Back to top Go down
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Larry Jinks in the Raleigh club has several dozen tanks and uses an activated carbon filter on his water supply line to remove chloramine, so no chlorine-neutralizer is needed.  I think he changes the cartridge about once a year -- depends on the volume of carbon and how much chlorine/chloramine runs through it, obviously.

Can you post a pic of the trapdoor and absorbent mat arrangement, please? I'm having trouble visualizing how that works. Clever idea!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilpieceofnature
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:06 pm

Back to top Go down
lilpieceofnature
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:19 pm

My buddy ziggy had to get in the picture he just woke up when I turned on the lights lol like hey im sleeping wuth the fishes here
Back to top Go down
lilpieceofnature
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:26 pm

Thanks Gerald imma try that first I need to test my water an see what's the balance in my area .. dinger me wrong instead by prime its a great product but I started this venture to be El cheapo to prove a point too her. We can have a self running no worry tank with out spending more that five bucks for maintenance. An I have tons of un used carbon an ammonia carbon just sitting around.. thanks rubbing hands should I build it or buy it....carbon water injected water house ..... evil laugh an mashes send
Back to top Go down
JohnnyAMH
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:28 pm

@lilpieceofnature wrote:
Thanks johnny it was a lesson learned lol.. here's what in did I have trap doors in the bottom with sorbet all on a mat that I can pull out an put back I did the stain an seal around the bottom so water waste will run off an run away. My next stand is going to be for a twenty nine im going with a diy set up I found on line. These stands where easy to build . I love my fish room its a step up an a step in the right direction.. next gotta fine a better way to declorinate with out using prime thinking maybe some orange zest an air for a week ... hmmm

I don't like the smell of Prime. I use a product named ClorAm-X. It's the original formula that was once used by AmQuel. I buy the powdered version and prepare 4 ounces at a time. My last 5 pound tub last me for years... Neutral

~~~ My Aquariums ~~~
55 gal. Planted Community Show Tank
(Swordtails, Neons, Kuhlii Loaches and Bristled Nose Plecos)
30 gal. Bare Bottom Adult Angelfish Tank
20 gal. Bare Bottom Angelfish Breeder Tank
10 gal. Bare Bottom  Angelfish Fry Tank
10 gal. Planted Show Tank
(Guppies and Bristled Nose Plecos)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us   

Back to top Go down

moving wasn't easy but I gotta give thanks to the fish gods for watching over us

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Tank Setups and Layout-