Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Update of a couple of tanks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Update of a couple of tanks   Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:49 am

Here are a couple of videos to update my 150 gal and my 125. The first video (sorry for the production - I have no clue how to make them nice!) shows both tanks, and I complain about the 125 where the plants are kind of stalled out, not growing, not dying, and then I post an update of the 125 where I made some changes. One of my Youtube followers made a comment, which got me thinking, one thing led to another and maybe it will help.

**Also, I ordered some Geophagus pindare, which should arrive TODAY (it is like Christmas santa ) that I'll add to the 150 after a bit of time growing out, since I believe they'll be only about 1" in length on arrival. I'm excited to add to my Geophagus group in the 150. I'll have to update with a video when I get those settled in.**

View user profile
scruiz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Update of a couple of tanks   Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:52 pm

Liz -- I watched both videos and really love both tanks!!!

Aquariums: 90, 45, 125, 20 long, Fish Room Racks: 2 x 55 gal  and 2 x 15 gal  and a Fluval Spec V
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ziurcs.shutterfly.com
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Update of a couple of tanks   Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:44 pm

Thanks, Steve. Of note is that the sword in the 125 on the left is a big ozelot sword mother plant I got from a GWAPA meeting auction that had a bunch of babies, and had been outdoors, growing emersed, so the tall leaves are now dying off and the main plant is growing nicely below, with the typical red and green mottled pattern typical to the ozelot species.

Nobody wanted this plant at the auction because it was so flipping tall, and they called out for anyone with a big tank, so the heads all swiveled in my direction, lol. I do my part.

View user profile
finzz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Update of a couple of tanks   Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:30 pm

Wow; your tanks are beautiful. I only wish mine looked so clean. Other than the 125 in the living room (wife makes me keep it looking nice), mine look pretty ghetto compared to yours. The fish are healthy, the water's clean, but I often have to take a few minutes to clean the glass to see what's going on inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Update of a couple of tanks   Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:46 pm

Thank you very much! I focus a lot on displays, as an art form almost, and we enjoy the tanks a lot.

View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Update of a couple of tanks   Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:22 pm

@scruiz wrote:
Liz -- I watched both videos and really love both tanks!!!
@Liz, me too! I love the placement of the manzanita in the 125.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update of a couple of tanks   

Back to top Go down

Update of a couple of tanks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-