Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

James River Aquarium Society ALL DAY AUCTION! 10/29 9-4pm

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: James River Aquarium Society ALL DAY AUCTION! 10/29 9-4pm   Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:19 am

The James River Aquarium Society is hosting it's 2nd Annual ALL-DAY AUCTION,
Saturday, October 29, 2016, from 9-4

Go to www.jras.org to see full list of GENERAL RULES * SELLER RULES * BUYER RULES.

The flyer says it all ... but we have everything from aquariums, ornaments, substrate, aquatic supplies, LIVE FISH and PLANTS.. aquarists from all over the mid-Atlantic will be bringing quality unique items to offer at great prices... The auction preview is 8:30 am and the Auction will get underway around 9 am.

We are also having a 'TAG SALE' ("Buy it Now") where you can purchase priced items, if
you don't want to take part in the auction itself.

There will be Raffles and Silent Auction items as well. Refreshments will be available..

This location is the store of "LOGO ADVANTAGE" in the old Southern States building at 8007A Old Mechanicsville Turnpike.

View user profile
finzz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society ALL DAY AUCTION! 10/29 9-4pm   Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:30 am

What a great auction!

I got to meet some of the regulars here (always great to put faces to names), bought some really cool fish and invertebrates, and got advice from informed hobbyists. JRAS put on a very good event and those who were able to attend appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society ALL DAY AUCTION! 10/29 9-4pm   Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:53 am

The second annual JRAS All-Day Auction was a big success!  

There were literally hundreds of items up for bidding, or so it seemed, and many of them were unusual plants.  As the day went along even more people showed up to see what was on offer, and then stayed to bid.  Very few items did not sell, and at the end of the day we had only a few tag sale items left over.  

Working the auction didn't leave me a lot of time to bid on anything, but I got a couple of chances here and there. Sadly, I didn't get the shrimp I was after, but there will be other chances! In the end I bought a very nice 48" T-5 twin tube fixture, a slimline model in excellent shape for $15. You can't beat that.  

It was great to see the very familiar club members that I see often, and also great to meet some new folks traveling from PVAS and RAS. Two members of GWAPA (Greater Washington Aquatic Plants Association) arrived early, with all sorts of plants to donate. I had met them previously at one of their meetings, so it was fun to see them again and to pick their brains about good choices of low-light carpet plants.

I hope everyone from here who attended had a good time! Very Happy

gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society ALL DAY AUCTION! 10/29 9-4pm   Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:07 pm

Come to the Raleigh auction this Sunday (Nov 6) and bid to your heart's content Deb!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society ALL DAY AUCTION! 10/29 9-4pm   Wed Nov 02, 2016 6:47 pm

I'd like to, @gerald, but it's my birthday and my husband has planned a trip for us.sunny
The JRAS event had a nice contingent from RAS, more than I would have thought.  We all appreciate the effort that they made to make the trip. Hope they had a good time; I talked to one guy who bought some red hooks in the tag sale, and he seemed to be having fun. Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James River Aquarium Society ALL DAY AUCTION! 10/29 9-4pm   

Back to top Go down

James River Aquarium Society ALL DAY AUCTION! 10/29 9-4pm

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-