Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Close ups (Individual Shots)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Close ups (Individual Shots)   Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:38 am

I wanted to show a few fish that are harder to photograph that are in the 55gallon.  Deb wanted to see a closer image of the Berdmore's Loach, so that is below as well.

This is my clown pleco.  It was one of the first fish I bought for my tank over 4 years ago and is still going strong.

Rainbow shark was looking good and kept wandering in front of the camera like it wanted some attention.

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Close ups (Individual Shots)   Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:48 pm

@ddavis1979 David, you are outdoing yourself! This is stunning photography. What camera do you use these days?

Thanks for the Berdmore's loach close-up. ThumbsUp It's so gorgeous, with the dots and the stripes together. How big is he currently?

You can expect a long life from that clown pleco. They are one of my favorite fish I love you and will be one of the first I replace when I set back up again. My group of 9 was sold at last year's JRAS auction (are you going to the auction this year, btw?). Three of them were over 6 years old, three were five years old and the remainder were three and two years old. As far as I know, they are still going strong in @scruiz 's tank (Steve, maybe you can confirm?) I don't remember how many he ended up with.

As for your beautiful Rainbow Shark he was featured recently on the CVAS facebook page, but it may be time to post again! He's looking great.
Very Happy Thanks for these great photo updates, David.

ddavis1979
CVASAuthor

PostSubject: Re: Close ups (Individual Shots)   Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:33 pm

The loaches are approaching 4 inches.

I will not be going to the auction (sorry) It would be fun, but time and money do not permit.

The camera is my Samsung Note 5 Phone, LOL how is that for professional equipment! haha!

Watch my updated aquarium video!
http://youtu.be/5SlIkYyPTWg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Close ups (Individual Shots)   Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:09 am

ddavis1979 wrote:
The camera is my Samsung Note 5 Phone, LOL how is that for professional equipment! haha!

Amazing! You've got the eye for portrait shots, that's for sure.

Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Close ups (Individual Shots)   Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:09 am

@ddavis1979 always takes great photos! That loach shot is fantastic - he's giving us the eye, lol. I am a huge fan of loaches.

View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close ups (Individual Shots)   

Back to top Go down

Close ups (Individual Shots)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-