Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

OCA extravaganza

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
finzz
CVASMember

PostSubject: OCA extravaganza   Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:51 pm

I hadn't been out to the Ohio Cichlid Association's Extravaganza in years, but it worked out that I could make the trip this year so I jumped at the chance. Great speakers, great folks and great fish made the weekend well worth the trip. If anyone wants to learn some things, sell some fish, buy some fish, or just have a good time hanging with fish people, I'd recommend their event next year. It's always the weekend before Thanksgiving at the Holiday Inn at Strongsville, Ohio.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
finzz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: OCA extravaganza   Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Like most of us, I tried not to spend a lot of money at the OCA. This time it almost worked. A pair of fish that came home with me are a pair of Apistogramma macmasteri. They're getting used to their new environment and seem to be comfortable. They aren't a rare species but don't seem to be as common in the hobby as they once were, and this is my first attempt with the fish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

OCA extravaganza

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-