Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Celestial Pearl Danios

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Donald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Celestial Pearl Danios   Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:49 pm

Any CPD experts out there? I am looking for some advice on their care. A group of 6-8 will be kept in a heavily planted 29g with 5 C. pandas and a couple of assassin snails. What are the target pH, GH, KH and temp values? Tips on feeding? Also, I would like to rehome about 10 lime-green Endlers and a lone long-fin Leopard Danio before the CPDs are introduced. Any takers?

finzz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Pearl Danios   Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:08 pm

I'm no expert but I do have good luck with CPDs (they were still "galaxy rasboras" when I got mine.)

They don't seem to need a lot of special care: they're fine in my tap water, which is about 7.4pH and 8 dh. There's no heater in their tank and the temperature fluctuates some, probably from about 68 to 74. They'll eat flake food, but love newly hatched brine shrimp, small frozen food, golden pearls, etc. Mine are in a small tank: about 7 gallons, with a sponge filter and java moss. I end up pulling a few out to sell or give away every few weeks. Ramshorn snails don't seem to eat the eggs, but I'm not sure if the Corydoras would or not. I find that if I change more than about 25% of the water at a time it stresses them out, so I keep water changes smaller and more frequent.

Very cool little fish- good luck!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Pearl Danios   Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:59 am

Yes I think Corydoras would most likely eat the danios' eggs, but if eggs & fry survival are not your concern then that sounds like a good place for them. You could always move them temporarily to a spare 10 gal for breeding (with plastic screen or glass marbles on the bottom) when you want to replenish your stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Donald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Pearl Danios   Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:31 pm

I have never thought about breeding CPDs. Hmmm...Thanks.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celestial Pearl Danios   

Back to top Go down

Celestial Pearl Danios

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Freshwater :: Other Aquarium Fish-