Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Bristlenose being aggressive.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cholt
CVASMember

PostSubject: Bristlenose being aggressive.   Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 am

Hey guys,

Have any of you had a BN be aggressive? I have a 3-4" male that seems to be getting rather aggressive. My large male angelfish died rather suddenly this week. No other fish in the tank seem to have been acting oddly and my water tested pretty good as well. I had seen the BN chase Mt panda cries away from food a couple of time's before. Then I introduced a new angelfish into the tank and the BN decided to chase the angel away from a corner of the tank.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose being aggressive.   Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:10 am

Usually they only get aggressive toward catfish and other species that compete for cave space. However, many fish including Ancistrus will challenge a newcomer to their tank, of any species.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cholt
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose being aggressive.   Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:17 pm

Thanks for the info. He seems to have calmed down now. Not really sure what his deal was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristlenose being aggressive.   

Back to top Go down

Bristlenose being aggressive.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Freshwater :: Catfish of the World :: South and Central American Catfish-