Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Big auction in Northern Virginia April 1st.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
finzz
CVASMember

PostSubject: Big auction in Northern Virginia April 1st.   Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:37 pm

Potomac Valley Aquarium Society is having its spring auction on Saturday, April first. There are always lots of great supplies, fish, and plants. Here's a link:

http://pvas.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Big auction in Northern Virginia April 1st.   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:18 pm

No it's not an April's Fool joke! Laughing This was a great event.

This is my second PVAS Auction, and this time was even better than the first. I usually head straight for the tag sale area. In tag sale, you pay the price shown, no haggling, no bidding. It's a good way to ease into the auction. From the tag sale area, you can hear everything that's going on.

As well as some used hardgoods, there were bags of stem plants, other plants, aquarium wood, and books in the tag sale. I bought a big bag of Ludwigia (Ludwigia repens x arcuata, a naturally occurring hybrid of L. repens) and a used copy of Jorg Vierke's Aquarium Book, published in 1982. I love the old aquarium books!

This auction is a good place to make connections, too. I met up with a *certain individual* who has subsequently sold me a great group of celestial pearl danios (Celestichthys margaritatus). Maybe more of us from here can go up next year!

Big auction in Northern Virginia April 1st.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: What's Going On?-