Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Aquarium maintenance support

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
forest109
CVASMember

PostSubject: Aquarium maintenance support   Thu May 11, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm a longtime aquarist and a member of Cichlid-Forum.com, but new to the CVAS. I wanted to ask if anyone is aware of any kind of support group in the central Virginia (i.e. greater Lynchburg) area that helps provide routine maintenance of aquariums when someone is away for an extended period of time. I'm thinking more in terms of an "I'll help you out in return for you helping me out" arrangement, and I'm perfectly willing to reciprocate with others in the same situation, although it could also be someone working on a paid basis. I've relied on friends and family of friends in the past, although none really have any experience with aquariums and I don't know anyone locally who does.

I know this is a sensitive topic because it involves allowing someone to enter your home while you aren't there, but I just thought I'd ask. If you are local and have heard of anything like this or know of anyone in particular, please post a reply, and we can then message in private if you like in order to avoid posting any details on a public forum. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NVFC
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium maintenance support   Tue May 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Hi,
I think that would be a really cool idea. I did see a post of craigslist from a guy that said he had his own company servicing tanks(I don't know how legitimate it would be). I would just try joining a local club and make some friends in it who you could ask to take care of your tank Smile

><(((*>
Member of the Northern Virginia Fish Club. Check us out!

><(((*>
Northern Virginia Fish Club
https://nvasweb.wixsite.com/nvfc

Meetup- https://www.meetup.com/Northern-Virginia-Fish-Club/
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://nvasweb.wixsite.com/nvfc
gerald
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium maintenance support   Wed May 24, 2017 9:54 am

Yup, nothing beats a local club for fish-sitting help, emergency supplies, tank moving, filter seeding schmutz, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aquarium maintenance support   

Back to top Go down

Aquarium maintenance support

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Suggestions and Questions-