Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:13 pm

HellO! originally from Boston, just moved here from Northern Florida about two months ago. Haven't been to any of the fish stores yet, but I'm so excited to live in a place where fish stores exist again. They were few and far between in the part of Florida that I was in. I have a male Bristlenose pleco that's traveled with me from Boston, handfuls of Endler's that I got in FL and a cute little veiltail betta boy that was our first Richmond purchase.

Nice to meet you all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Welcome! We're glad you found us Very Happy

You'll definitely learn about where to shop for fish locally, and I hope you'll come to our meetings and take advantage of the amazing network of fishkeepers here!

We look forward to seeing pictures of your fish, and we love to see more Endler's in town, since its always good to get some new genes in the mix, lol.

View user profile
Flippercon
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:17 pm

Welcome to the Site and State vanilla.exe! We are glad you joined us, We have some endler fans here and a bunch of catfish keepers. Make yourself at home and enjoy the site Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/flippercon84?feature=guide
vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:37 pm

Thanks guys! Good to hear, I was worried that there wouldn't be anyone around to trade Endler's with. I'm afraid mine are going to start coming out with 3 eyes and two tails if I don't get some fresh blood in there!

Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome to the site and welcome to Richmond.

Can't wait to see your Endler's! I have a few Endler's and one of our members has a bunch from my colony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:49 pm

Thanks Ben! Right now all the pictures I have of them are of little torpedo blurs, lol. I'll try to get a video or something this weekend and post for everyone.

Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Haha then your Endler's look exactly like mine. Torpedo blurs are all I can catch on camera as well. Maybe I will try a video as well.
Back to top Go down
vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:18 pm

Glad I'm not the only one! My first three Endler's were actually sent to me by a friend when she moved to college and could only bring one of her tanks with her, and she always used to get really great pictures of them, so I thought maybe I just sucked at picture taking, Razz

Something I forgot to mention in my first post, I volunteered at a public aquarium for just about two years, and that was pretty much the highlight of my life. Like if I died tomorrow, I'd be fine with it because of all of the amazing experiences I had there. The only reason I left was because I had moved to Florida. I am really happy to find this group, because fish are pretty much my favorite thing in the world. If I didn't have to work for a living, I'd volunteer at an aquarium or what have you 40 hours a week and be perfectly happy. Fishkeeping is the one thing that I really feel like I'm "good" at, and it's something hat really makes me happy.

Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:39 pm

That sounds awesome. I love taking my daughter to the aquarium and if I was able to I would like to volunteer at one. I talked to some people the last time I was at the Virginia Aquarium and it is not hard to volunteer there. It is just to far away right now for me. One day I am going to move down that way and then I might be able to do a little volunteering.
Back to top Go down
vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:49 pm

I'm sure that you'll love it if you're ever able to volunteer there! I haven't been to the VA aquarium yet, since it's a 2 hour drive from here, but I want to go check it out the first chance that I get. I do have two friends who live closer to that area, and they both enjoy it.

JB
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:54 pm

Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy the site and chatting with our great members.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks for the welcome!

koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:24 pm

Hello vanilla.exe! It is nice to me ya. I must admit that i dont know nothing about Endlers, but I am always willing to learn. I am a Cichlid man myself. But I still like all types of fish. I too have and like the Bushy Nose Pleco. I have a good size one and 2 little ones that I just picked up this past week. We are glad ya found us and make yourself at home. We are a pretty good close nit family if I say so myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:29 pm

Endler's are very similar to guppies, and they're actually close enough to produce fertile offspring, so a lot of what you find out there for Endler's are actually mixed with gupps from what I hear! Thank you for the warm welcome, I'm a cichlid person as well, this is my first time really owning livebearers.

Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:35 pm

Welcome to CVAS! cheers I hope you'll be able to attend one of our meetings soon. The next one is planned for the end of April so keep your eye on his website for details.

Endler's R Great! *lol* I love their incessant activity and the way they don't spook at all when you pass by. On the contrary, they follow you from one end of the tank to the other. I've kept them since 2005 and right now I've got a colony from Ben's stock being raised in a 20 gallon white sand tank.

Please post that video if you can - a bunch of people here would like to see it.
Very Happy

vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks! I hope I'll be able to make it too >.<

They certainly are friendly little fish. No shame when my hand goes in there during a wc or to move stuff around, they all cluster around like something awesome is about to happen. So energetic it can be hard to get a good look at them sometimes. That's why my pleco is my favorite Very Happy he sits still while I gaze at him adoringly and even when I feel like measuring him.

proyect01
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:26 am

Welcome !!!

View user profile
Cichlid Lover
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:02 am

Welcome . Glad you found us. Smile

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)   

Back to top Go down

Just moved to VA (vanilla.exe Richmond)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Community :: Introduce Yourself-