Central Virginia Aquarium Support

Central Virginia Aquarium Support is a discussion and help group for aquarium hobbyists, newcomer to advanced!

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
... Welcome to Central Virginia Aquarium Support! ... ... Here you can discuss anything aquarium related - meet interesting folks - find equipment and trade fish! ... ... "What's Going On?" Click for a list of Local Meetings and Events ... ... *Latest fish article!* Figure-8 Puffer Article ... ... *Latest plants article!* Dwarf Hygro Article ... ... MEMBERS SHOWCASE see The HOME Page! ...

Share | 

Endler video and maybe a picdump?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Endler video and maybe a picdump?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:18 pm

So here's the video that I promised. It's not the best video in the world, my beloved camera was found under my desk mysteriously crushed into a million pieces some months ago, so I have to borrow the MILs whenever I want pictures or videos. Great camera, the type that will show every single pore on your face, but when it comes to taking pictures of fish? Forget about it. After the video I'll show you a few pics comparisons between the two cameras, since it's so rare that I have a willing audience for fish pics Very Happy

I'll do a few side by side comparisons for you now. A picture I got of one of the Dwarf Puffers that I had some years ago:

Small speedy fish, but still managed a decent shot

Endler's with MILs cam:

Difficult to even make out the fish

We'll do one more example. This was a Ghost Shrimp with my old camera. I was at the front with the camera, and the shrimp was all the way at the back. Could barely see her with the naked eye

RCS with this cam:

That little speck in the middle? That's a shrimp, I promise!

Well, you know what they say. No use crying over a broken camera.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jenbubs
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Endler video and maybe a picdump?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:53 pm

I would cry over a broke camera, GAH!! The quality difference is incredible. What kind was the broken camera?

vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Endler video and maybe a picdump?   Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:05 pm

jenbubs wrote:
I would cry over a broke camera, GAH!! The quality difference is incredible. What kind was the broken camera?

I don't know the model, but it was an HP from the early 2000's. For a while I thought I just lost my touch at taking photos, this one is supposed to be better quality. Kodak something or other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Liz
SupportTeam

PostSubject: Re: Endler video and maybe a picdump?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:46 am

You will never have trouble finding a willing audience for fish pics here Very Happy

View user profile
Ben
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Endler video and maybe a picdump?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:33 am

Sorry to hear about your camera. There is a huge difference between then 2 for sure. We always like pics here though so thanks for posting them. I see you have some little Endler's fry in there and a few plump females.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cvas.forumotion.com/
vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Endler video and maybe a picdump?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:25 am

Yeah, I was mostly trying to follow the males around, but they seem to be more skittish. I have a really high ratio of f:m, not sure if that's normal or what. I have to say, I like the females because they're bigger and much more brave.

koolaid68
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Endler video and maybe a picdump?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:23 am

Nice Vanilla.exe.... Now I know what endlers look like. We Love pics on here, so its safe to believe that you can go pic Loco As for the pics from the crushed cam. ya gotta start looking in pawn shops or visit a cam shop and see if you can find that cam again because it pics are super clean and mega sharp. If ya ever figure out which cam it was please let us know. I think I might have to place a new and better cam on my wish list. Not too expensive but not a compact camera either. And it has to have the video option too, thats a must.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEd9pbj9MGY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Deb
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Endler video and maybe a picdump?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Did not see the video yet because I need the laptop to do that but I will agree definitely on the Endler's females being braver and so well able to handle the males. They are more competitive eaters, too, and literally chase the males away from the biggest and best bits, IME.

vanilla.exe
CVASMember

PostSubject: Re: Endler video and maybe a picdump?   Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:14 pm

@ancistra: Ain't that the truth! These girls would eat me out of house and home if I let them Very Happy

@koolaid: I have the pieces packed somewhere (was going to try fixing it), I'll fish it out sometime and let you know the model. Good tip on checking for second hand, it'd be awesome to find the same one somewhere for cheap.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Endler video and maybe a picdump?   

Back to top Go down

Endler video and maybe a picdump?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Virginia Aquarium Support :: Equipment and Tank Setups :: Photography and Videos-